Transfer details now available!

Receiving Materials?

Does anyone know when the RAGBRAI folks will be sending us our wristbands and other registration materials?

140 Replies

Jeff Glass, July 11, 2018 at 1:43 pm

Finally received an email this morning…packet should arrive by Friday.
Why is RAGBRAI communicating issues regarding delayed shipments, via Facebook, instead of simply emailing all participants??
Ken H. is giving a fantastic effort at communicating RAGBRAI’s policies. Thank you, Ken! But, shouldn’t we expect some policy statements and updates to come from ‘official’ RAGBRAI folks.
Good luck to those still waiting for emails/packets.

Cheryl Zalenski, July 11, 2018 at 2:58 pm

Agree, Facebook is not going to reach everyone. Email would be far better for getting the message out.

DenBiker, July 11, 2018 at 3:07 pm

Two things and a comment – Got the email last night saying our packet will be shipped – just checked on it and saw that it had been sent to the PO and was awaiting acceptance there. Looks Like I will see our group’s packet sometime around the weekend. Also saw RAGBRAI’S “Packet Update” blog post saying that with their hard work RAGBRAI has now gotten 99% of the packets out.

My comment: TOO LITTLE – WAY TOO LATE – Having watched the this year’s “Packet Drama” unfold over the last few weeks I expected more than just an “update” that basically said “Hey we worked hard and now have got our job done!”

I would have liked to have seen someone at RAGBRAI stand up and say “Hey we had a problem this year – We are sorry about all the anxiety it has caused among our participants. We are going to work hard in future years to make sure it does not happen again”. Please won’t someone JUST STAND UP, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND APOLOGIZE!!!

RonaldMehaffey, July 11, 2018 at 4:16 pm

Received my email confirming shipment at 2:45 am July 11. Blog does contain some updated information about shipment.

Good Luck all, have a great RAGBRAI

johnb0002002, July 11, 2018 at 5:19 pm

Ridden Ragbrai since 1995. Coordinating the team since 2008. First time in my 10 years that I didn’t have a packet box prior to July 4th. I’m guessing something large and serious happened behind the scenes they won’t talk about publicly. Historically TJ and team are amazing at the logistics of this large event. Also the vehicle maps are late this year. Still no email or confirmation for our team. We ordered lots of merchandise so using ground shipping it will probably not get here in time. I am guessing that we will be visiting the expo to get our replacement wristbands at this point. Then I’ll have to figure out how to get the team members their merchandise.

Nick Reed, July 12, 2018 at 3:11 pm

Still nothing at all for our team. Haven’t received the gear, or even the shipping email. This is getting ridiculous.

Jeff Glass, July 12, 2018 at 3:31 pm

That is crazy. Email T.J. and hopefully he will respond.
Good luck!

KenH, July 12, 2018 at 5:59 pm

Vehicle maps were posted and announced a few days ago. Look under “The Ride” menu.

Just a reminder that I do not speak for RAGBRAI, ever. If I post information and claim It’s official I got it from an official statement issued previously by some RAGBRAI muckety-muck somewhere else on this web page. I try to make it clear when I am speculating or extrapolating from known information. I NEVER get information before any of you but sometimes I notice things before many of you.

RAGBRAI will take care of you, you can trust them.

DougHarris, July 12, 2018 at 10:43 pm

I leave in a week…I am still one with no email and nothing in the mail…

Susan, July 12, 2018 at 11:10 pm

Received packet 7/12 via USPS. No email notification was sent. Packet complete and correct.

Ben Moline, July 13, 2018 at 1:18 am

Received an email that the packet will ship on the 13th of July. Appears Ragbrai is still struggling.

Cory Rood, July 13, 2018 at 6:13 am

Last Year’s packet was delivered 6/9. This year the group I’m going with just received the packets for 60+ members on 7/11. If you are the original registrant and will be riding, I’d not be worried about it. RAGBRAI will make it right when you arrive in Onawa. The problem with this cluster fluck is the people that registered and for whatever reason can no longer ride. doesn’t leave a lot of time for the original registrant to forward the creds to the new owner. especially if new owner is from out of state and will spend a couple days traveling to Onawa. What is RAGBRAI doing to help these people out?

More importantly to me, I want to know what happened that caused the delay? You can’t tell me that this years deliveries were ‘on-time’

Jeffrey Hoppenworth, July 13, 2018 at 7:24 am

Received an e-mail very early this AM saying packet will ship. Estimated delivery in 2 days. Hope that’s right.

KenH, July 13, 2018 at 7:59 am

Our packet arrived yesterday as promised. It was almost complete, the driver wristband was missing. But they will take care of that at the Expo booth or perhaps there is still time to get it to me by mail. We’ll all be going to the booth anyway to redeem our patch certificates so there is no real inconvenience there.

LClark, July 13, 2018 at 12:09 pm

Still haven’t received email or package which includes merchandise. There are 3 of us on our team…and we leave in less than a week. It would be considerate of RAGBRAI to at least send out a mass email about the delay/confusion…the lack of communication is very disheartening. Would like to know if we will be actually receiving it prior to arriving.

Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI