Receiving Materials?

Does anyone know when the RAGBRAI folks will be sending us our wristbands and other registration materials?

140 Replies

Steven Burdsall, July 13, 2018 at 12:48 pm

Timeline information to others subscribed to this thread:

I received my tracking number via email when the shipping label was printed on 7/11 in the evening. It spent all day 7/12 being processed at the Des Moines regional facility. It left that facility this morning, which means I should get it Monday 7/15, if not today, via USPS.

If you get your email today or tomorrow night, Wednesday arrival seems likely.

If you don’t get a shipping email by Tuesday (or whenever you plan to leave for Iowa), the wristbands can be replaced easily at each day’s starting point. I wish I had a backup plan for other gear, but I only purchased a wristband.

I can’t go this year, so I needed enough time to get them shipped and transferred. Hopefully this is enough time, but I’ll keep people updated.

ggilkerson, July 13, 2018 at 5:33 pm

Two days ago I finally received an email that my bands were sent for two day delivery. Received the material today but the license plate was omitted. At least I have the bands but this sure is a different experience than in previous years.

hnschipper, July 13, 2018 at 6:11 pm

No one received license plates this year. They can be picked up at the RAGBRAI trailer.

Cheryl Zalenski, July 13, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Got my packet. Everything was there except my teammate’s wristband and bike band. Seriously disappointed in the shipping this year.

BettyBikerTom, July 13, 2018 at 7:22 pm

Ragbrai trailer is going to be busy this year. Hope they’re staffed appropriately. I won’t be standing in a huge line just to get a license plate that another poster indicated aren’t being shipped. I did however, finally receive email confirmation on the 10th & another on the 11th, but still no package. Makes me wonder why 2 shipments. Only team of 5 here. Patiently waiting, but passed 3rd day on first package and past 2nd day on second package of a 2 day delivery. Also 1 team member sold his wristband so I have to rush to Fedex and turn it around so purchaser gets it on time also. Really inconvenient and now costly to have to pay extra shipping for expedited shipping cost. We will roll with it…what other choice do we have!! Just hope the 2nd package is NOT someone else’s. Hope Ragbrai is listening too!!

This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by BettyBikerTom.

hnschipper, July 13, 2018 at 7:45 pm

Have you tracked the packages to see where they are?

BettyBikerTom, July 13, 2018 at 7:57 pm

hnschipper, yes I’ve been tracking since it shipped. I was even prepared to rush home during my lunch hour today if I received notice of delivery because of having to re-ship. Package last left Detroit regional center in my home state at 4 AM today. Called USPS, and they said it is in transit to my local post office and definitely won’t arrive until tomorrow at the earliest. I have no doubt I’ll get it, but it’s still a waiting game. Again an inconvenience because I have an organized ride tomorrow and plans following so I’m going to have to alter those plans to take care of business. I feel for others that haven’t even received confirmation.

Melinda Blankenhorn, July 13, 2018 at 11:53 pm

I’m leaving in five days and still have nothing. What happens if nothing arrives in time?

Roberts Larry, July 14, 2018 at 7:20 am

Registered on-line, no packet, no email notification – really dread standing in massive line at RAGBRAI trailer to get credentials – will they give a replacement Jersey for the one I haven’t received?

Roberts Larry, July 14, 2018 at 7:21 am

Registered on-line, no packet, no email notification – really dread standing in massive line at RAGBRAI trailer to get credentials

Larry Oxman, July 14, 2018 at 12:34 pm

Yay!My Team’s packet (boxes) came today via USPS priority mail! I emailed TJ yesterday and he responded within minutes that as of Thursday afternoon! all packets had been shipped

Jason Stoller, July 14, 2018 at 2:40 pm

I received my Wrist Band and Bike Band today. Huge thank you goes out to TJ, Andrea, Mariah, and the rest of the hard working Ragbrai crew.

Jason Stoller

Bob Card, July 14, 2018 at 10:19 pm

Well, it’s after 11:00 pm on the 14th, no email & no packet. I understand that I can take care of this in Onawa, but I’m hoping to have time to reassemble my bike and maybe enjoy some of the Expo rather than standing in line.

“Roll with it” is a reasonable approach, but I’d prefer to arrive in Iowa for my first RAGBRAI with all my credentials.

See you all there. If you end up in line with me at the RAGBRAI trailer, please say hello.

Debby Carnine, July 15, 2018 at 7:18 am

Lost my full price buyer (who agreed to buy it in May) due to no packet arriving until yesterday. Packet arrived with no certificate for a patch. Had a lot of trouble finding another buyer, even at a discounted price, due to it being so late in the game. Extremely frustrated. Ragbrai, you cost me $45 and damn near cost me $175.

This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Debby Carnine.

cmparsley, July 15, 2018 at 7:47 am

RAGBRAI is what you make of it. If you are going to be all up in arms because you didn’t get your packet ahead of time then you are starting RAGBRAI off on the wrong foot. Think about it for a minute.

10,000 riders. 10,000 bike bands. 10,000 rider bands. Guidebooks, patch certs, jerseys, t-shirts, baggage tags, etc. Getting shipped all over the country and all over the world. Humans in charge of it all. Humans sometimes make mistakes. I say good job to TJ and the rest of the crew. Dealing with this thing, flooding causing last minute route changes, difficult counties passing ordinances about vendors, etc. You have had your hands full this year.

Maybe cut them a little slack. Some are complaining about having to stand in line to get replacements in Onawa. Really?! That isn’t going to be the only line this week.

Perhaps if it is that big of a deal you should just keep your sour attitude at home. For the rest of us, when RAGBRAI hands you lemons, you find the person who brought the vodka and have a party while you wait in line.

A bad day standing in line for a wristband, baggage tag, and a patch beats a good potluck day at work anytime.

Viewing 15 replies - 121 through 135 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015