Recumbent Riders

I just purchased a Catrike Expedition have started training. This will of course be my first RAGBRAI, that is if I get selected. Do you see many recumbent riders? Looking forward to the ride and all of the excitement that comes with it!! Any information you have for a ” Virgin” would be greatly appreciated.

33 Replies

Anonymous, July 4, 2019 at 9:33 pm

I thought I added two photos in the above comment, but I don’t see them. I’ll try again with a Link instead of an Ing.

This should be my UV face protection.

gctilghman, July 17, 2019 at 10:35 am

I ride a short wheel base (SWB) two-wheeled ‘bent. I’ve done four RAGBRAIs, and cannot imagine a better way to enjoy this epic ride. The climbs can be daunting on the last day, when the road goes through ancient Mississippi river valleys. I have seen ‘bent riders nearly cause disastrous wrecks in fast downhill sections by not being aware of faster riders trying to pass. Please install mirror (s), and kindly move out of the way when being overtaken. Two years ago, I passed a car doing 50 on a downhill section on the last day! You will be surprised at how fast these things are.

Ed Chimahusky, July 17, 2019 at 2:09 pm

My P-38 may not be fast going up hill (due to an older motor ?) but it screams on the downhill. I now have mirrors on both sides.

Viewing 3 replies - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI