RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Registering first and then start up a group

Can I register, pay and then start up a group where I am the group leader?

I want to sign up and get that done but I have some friends that are on the fence. Can I just sign up now, pay my money and then be later start up a group?

Or can I start up a group, pay, if though it might just be a group of one? Is there anything wrong with that?

6 Replies

RDaryl Daryl, March 15, 2016 at 9:25 pm

I suggest you get yourself registered and have your fence-sitting friends register for themselves. There is no requirement to be part of a group/team. For the registration lottery, it is an all-or-none selection for each individual or group. Get yourself registered on time!!!

RDaryl Daryl, March 15, 2016 at 9:28 pm

As follow-up, you cannot start a group after you pay/close out an individual registration (unless it is a new group without yourself).

Stanford, March 15, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Plus when it gets close to the ride there will be a plentiful supply of passes available from individuals that can no longer attend. Daily passes, weekly passes, no rider passes and vehicle passes. Fence sitters that decide to join you at the last minute should have no trouble finding someone on the forum selling a pass. (so no excuses to be a bandit)

shortykorte, March 17, 2016 at 10:03 am

Thanks for the help. My buddy end up signing up and paying but some how I managed to mess it all up. The system says I didn’t register and that I can’t pay. I thought I had registered but I guess not. I have an email in to see what I did wrong.

eek

jwsknk, March 17, 2016 at 2:11 pm

check under “MY RAGBRAI” up in the top menu. you may have just created an account but didn’t do all the registration steps

shortykorte, March 17, 2016 at 2:44 pm

I got it all figured out. Thanks for the help. My buddy is in, I am in, and we are all paid.

\m/

eek

Group Name “In The Weeds”

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI