Registration is now closed for RAGBRAI XLIX. Transfers are now open!

Ride Needed Omaha > Onawa FRI 7/20

I can’t find any info about shuttles on FRI and there is no bus service from Omaha to Onawa. Anyone want to share a ride?

7 Replies

Rob Erskine, May 2, 2018 at 4:23 pm

Look at Pork Belly’s site (2018 updates). They mention shuttles from Omaha airport on Saturday to Onawa for $40. You might want to contact them because they recommend people to fly in on Friday and may have other shuttles. I don’t think you have to be using them for the rest of the week.

Andrew Berman, May 2, 2018 at 8:16 pm

Rob, thanks for the reply. I had seen their “arrive Friday” suggestion, so I took their advice, only to realize AFTER that there are (currently) no shuttles that day. Sigh.

Rob Erskine, May 2, 2018 at 8:37 pm

You should probably email them with the question. They have been very responsive with my newbie questions. You might gather up enough other travelers on this forum to share a minivan, drive to Onawa, then one person return the car on Saturday and ride the shuttle back. I think it is about one hour each way.

Deborah, May 9, 2018 at 1:00 pm

I also need a ride that day. Flying in on Allegiant. Did you find any answers?

Andrew Berman, May 9, 2018 at 1:55 pm

Deborah,

I have not received any good information yet. So far, there are no shuttles on Friday. Uber costs over $100. There’s a bus from Omaha to Sioux City, Iowa that passes right by the exit for Onawa (which is less than a mile from there), but they told me they would not make any unscheduled stops.

Even though I’m trying not to spend additional money, my current plan is to get a cheap hotel overnight in Omaha (I found one as low as $50–could be scary) and then take one of the shuttles the next day.

Shall we keep in touch in the hope that a better option comes along? If a third person is in the same situation, maybe we could all share an Uber or something.

If it makes communication easier, feel free to call or text me at 202-329-9468.

Deborah, May 11, 2018 at 1:12 pm

Thanks. I sent an email to Pork Belly Ventures. They have a shuttle for $40. I’ll probably do that

Deborah, May 11, 2018 at 1:34 pm

This is the response I got from Tammy from Pork Belly

Tammy Pavich tammy@pkbelly.com

Yes we do. It’s $40 from Candlewood Suites hotel parking lot near the omaha airport.

set up login at pkbelly.com, click on RAGBRAI, fill in the blanks and select bus from Omaha to start.

Login is in the upper right corner.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI