The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Ride out With Us

We are leaving from Keokuk so you can leave your car there ready for you when you get done. For information on our team checkout https://my.cheddarup.com/c/pilderwasser-2019

You can message me for additional information or questions.

5 Replies

Shanda Volmer, June 4, 2019 at 1:47 pm

My husband and I are looking for a ride from Keokuk to CB. Would this be an option? If so what would you charge? Thanks!

Vlad Yusseem, June 5, 2019 at 8:57 am

we are 2 people need a ride from Keokuk to CB – is it an option?

RagbraiJim, June 5, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Yes, we can handle that. I will add the option to our Cheddar page.

Jim Brummel, June 8, 2019 at 10:21 am

When will you be heading west? That might work nicely for us if the is room for 2.

RagbraiJim, June 10, 2019 at 10:23 am

We Start at the End:
We start at the end of the ride so that when the ride is over your vehicle is positioned to get you home. This makes your last day on Ragbrai much more enjoyable. Most charters do not offer this service and the last day usually requires riders to finish quickly in order to make it in time for the bus so they can ride a few hours to get to their car and then drive home. With your car in the end town you can go at your own pace.

Plan to meet on Friday, July 19th, 2019 in the town of Keokuk Iowa. We will have a place to camp and maybe a place for the team to park for the week. The parking is not offered as part of the Team Pilderwasser, LLC membership but will be a private transaction between you and the property owner. If you are worried about insurance coverage and protection I would recommend parking in the official Ragbrai lot. The last few years we found parking for half the price of the Ragbrai lots. If we can’t find a place then we’ll stay at the official Ragbrai campground in Keokuk. We should know camp locations by early July.

Getting to the Start Town:
The bus ride out will be aboard a classic party bus. It’s a long trip and will be a great opportunity to make new friends, share stories and prepare us for the week. We will load the gear on the Big Green Bus on Friday night and be aboard the party bus by 9:00 am. Loading the bus is a team project. We have 50 moving blankets, thanks to the Craigster, and we try to wrap the bikes as carefully as possible. I don’t recommend bringing a fancy bike on Ragbrai. Theft is almost unheard of but your bike will be in small towns alongside thousands of other bikes with lots of traffic. If your worried about damaging a fancy bike I would recommend bringing an alternate. If you are worried about your bike getting scratched on the bus help the loaders and make sure you are satisfied with the final set up.

We plan to stop in Marne for lunch (Here’s a good, but rather long, Ragbrai story including why a Marne stop is a Ragbrai tradition for many bike teams). For those who don’t want to ride the party bus we may have a few spots available in the support vehicles, some might even have AC. We will be able to pick people up in Keokuk, Grinnell or Des Moines. We also have an option for people to meet us in the start town. A final option is to join us on Tuesday in Indianola. We can pick you up at the Des Moines Airport on Tuesday and get you back there by Sunday.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014