The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

"Ride with GPS" tech help

Anyone successful downloading map to the “Ride with GPS” app? I am trying to download to an iPhone. I downloaded the app. and I registered a userid on Ride with GPS website. And the map image on RAGBRAI website has a button to Send To Device. When I click it and sign into my account, I get message saying the Route is not public and “If you are the owner, make sure you are logged into your account. Otherwise, contact the owner. If you came here from another website, contact the owner of that website about this problem.”

wondering if I am doing something wrong or if rights are just not set up properly to download.

3 Replies

David Miller, July 12, 2018 at 7:09 pm

I have the same issue. I guess I’m posting cause misery loves company.

Marla Shifflett, July 12, 2018 at 9:58 pm

I do it on my computer. Hope this helps. On the 2018 Route Maps page on the RAGBRAI website, scroll to the Ride with GPS map that you are trying to put into your account. Try clicking “View Full Version” directly under the title (2018 Sunday Onawa to Denison). Then, when that page opens in Ride with GPS, look along the right sidebar and find “Copy to My Routes” and click that link. You will then have the option to rename, etc. You can also edit the map in your account. I haven’t tried to do it on my phone, so hope this helps. But the routes will appear on your phone when you open your app. They will be in the “Routes” tab, and mine appeared immediately. If you don’t have a computer, holler and I’ll try it on my phone. 🙂

This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Marla Shifflett.

Kevin Prentice, July 13, 2018 at 3:43 pm

Hi all,

Kevin here at Ride with GPS. Shouldn’t be any issues with their maps or the Send to Device functionality, so if you need help please send an email to info@ridewithgps.com and we’ll be more than happy to help with anything needed.

Cheers!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014

RAGBRAI XLI – 2013

RAGBRAI XL – 2012