RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

Riverbend Bicycle Club Charter Service Reviews and Comments

Has anybody had any experience with using RBBC charter services. Good, Bad, likes dislikes? I’m riding solo, have my own tent and would charter from Davenport to The start, and use the luggage service.

If not RBBC, any other recommendations for a 1st timer?

I also posted this thread in the Charter section

Thanks

4 Replies

Michrider !!!, April 29, 2015 at 7:07 pm

I don’t know anything about this charter. However, I know that Pork Belly Ventures (PBV) is a great charter. Here is the list of official RAGBRAI charters, check them out!!!! https://ragbrai.com/about/charter-services/

Bill Barry, April 29, 2015 at 7:45 pm

That’s the link I used to find them. Hoping somebody has some experience with them. They look like a very basic service.

tacook, April 30, 2015 at 6:28 pm

The Bicyclists of Iowa City posted in the forums here a couple of days ago that they have spots open. They are a great group of folks to travel RAGBRAI with. This will be our third year with them.

Victoria brown, May 1, 2015 at 1:41 am

I used them last year. I found a wonderful family atmosphere with this charter. Each night the signs to the camp area were plentiful and clearly directed me to where we were to set up. I was able to charge my phone and electronics no problem. Bags and bikes were handled with care. I’m picky about that. Since I have my own tent and prefer it it was a great first RAGBRAI experience for me.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI