Room/Roof in Jefferson??

Anyone have a room or roof in Jefferson they care to share or sell? I am riding solo, registered with RAGBRAI, but just don’t want to camp every night. I would love to have a room, bed, couch, extra RV bed or whatever. Even a place indoors somewhere to throw my thermarest down for the night would be great. Just thought I would see if there is anything out there. More than willing to pay generously for whatever is out there. Thanks in advance!

3 Replies

Bob Kidd, March 15, 2018 at 8:42 pm

Somewhere on this site is a way to contact the city and ask for a place to stay. People open their homes to riders.

Mike Cordes, March 16, 2018 at 8:49 am

The local housing committees open shop on May 1st just after the lottery results are finalized. That said, our team of 17 starts looking for a host for yard camping before that. And we’re still looking for hosts in Jefferson, Newton, and Sigourney (if anybody is listening).

Uncle Kraig, March 16, 2018 at 9:36 am

Thanks, I will plan on applying with the local committees as soon as they are ready to accept applications. Hopefully someone will open up for a solo rider, I’m thinking it may be easier for a solo than a big group. Oh well, time will tell and if not, another night of tent camping it will be! Fun will be had and memories will be made either way 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015