Route Announcement Party becomes The RAGBRAI Returns Party

Even better then the RAP, a celebration of RAGBRAI’s return.

Plus the postponement announcement said that they’ll put on a fall ride.

AND PBV is putting n their own 3 day fall ride. Watch their website for details at PKBELLY.COM

This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by mootsman.

7 Replies

KenH, April 20, 2020 at 2:31 pm

Well, the detailed route has yet to be announced so the RAP next year could still be a RAP!

Plus, we did not have a guess the route contest this year but they could bring that back too. You would not be guessing the overnights but as many of the pass throughs as possible. And/or the two loops.

But, even if the party next year is just to celebrate RAGBRAI’s return that would be good enough for me!

Looking forward to hearing about the fall rides….

This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by KenH.

jpclark7, April 20, 2020 at 4:26 pm

KenH, have you done the Katy Trail, C&O, or the GAP?

ESchiers, April 20, 2020 at 6:07 pm

I’ve done the GAP/C&O– great rail-trail. Plenty of things to see and do. Be warned it’s all trees and no cornfields. 🙂

CISSY1949, April 20, 2020 at 7:02 pm

So they never announced the complete route and now won’t until next year? I was just wondering about the Anamosa to Maquoketa Route and whether it would go through Canton ? ?

T. Gap Woo, April 20, 2020 at 7:10 pm

I’ve done the GAP/C&O– great rail-trail. Plenty of things to see and do. Be warned it’s all trees and no cornfields. 🙂

I rode the GAP last year, going from Pittsburgh to Cumberland. Although I couldn’t dip my tire at the Three Rivers, I started as close to the riverbank as possible without crashing down the rock wall. It was a pleasant, slightly uphill ride to the eastern continental divide. The downhill run from the Divide to Frostburg was exhilarating.

I’m glad I brought my camera since the scenery was breathtaking. Don’t forget to pack a strong flashlight for walking through the tunnels. Bike headlights just don’t cut it.

The C&O Trail was another great ride. Bring the camera here too! If you’re a history buff, you’ll love Harper’s Ferry. DC is always too crowded, but a side trip to Old Town Alexandria is worth the ride.

Lack of cornfields is not a problem, as there are plenty of trees, shrubs and boulders for your convenience.

Once this current pandemic is over, I’d like to ride the GAP/C&O Trail again.

See you along the I-O-Way in 2021.

KenH, April 20, 2020 at 7:53 pm

I haven’t done any of those but it sounds like some others here have!

stuckinmizzou, April 22, 2020 at 10:58 am

I ride the Katy Trail from the west side of Missouri; nice wineries and craft beer joints along the trail. It’s a combination of packed dirt, loose gravel, and some packed limestone. I see people ride their road bikes on it but I tend to stick with my trail bike; mostly because of all the dust. Last year it took on a lot of rain and washed out some of the trail. The Pedalers Jamboree is a popular event (although not for this year).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015