Join Us in July - Register Today!

Route Announcement

First time RAGBRAI rider here, so maybe a dumb questions: I am not able to be at the route announcement party, so what is the best way to hear about the route in close to real time as possible.

Thanks
JS

135 Replies

Michrider !!!, January 25, 2011 at 8:36 am

“Bicycle Bill” said:

Davy Sprocket said: Yea!  Helen is back.  Nice to see you girl.

I’ve never yet seen Helen. And now she’s not even answering her text messages…..-“BB”-

Helen Who????

helenheart, January 25, 2011 at 11:01 am

“Bicycle Bill” said:

I’ve never yet seen Helen. And now she’s not even answering her text messages…..-“BB”-
“somebody” has to learn how to notice when they have a PM

you too, sprocket
xo

helenheart, January 25, 2011 at 11:02 am

Kentuck – don’t make me come over there…………

Michrider !!!, January 25, 2011 at 11:08 am

helenheart said: Kentuck – don’t make me come over there…………

Oh Yeah, now I remember, that Helen!!!!

“Bicycle Bill”, January 25, 2011 at 11:55 am

helenheart said:

“Bicycle Bill” said:

I’ve never yet seen Helen.
And now she’s not even answering her text messages…..

-“BB”-

you too, sprocket
xo

“somebody” needs to send one.  There’s nothing there…..

-“BB”-

Davy Sprocket, January 25, 2011 at 1:02 pm

“Bicycle Bill” said:

helenheart said:

“Bicycle Bill” said:

you too, sprocket

xo

“somebody” needs to send one.  There’s nothing there…..-“BB”-

Yeah.  What he said.  :-)

helenheart, January 25, 2011 at 1:04 pm

“Bicycle Bill” said:

helenheart said:

“Bicycle Bill” said:

you too, sprocket
xo

“somebody” needs to send one.  There’s nothing there…..-“BB”-

whoops – my bad – it should be there now!

helenheart, January 25, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Yeah.  What he said.  :-)

What??? You too! Am I losing my touch????

patrsnw, January 25, 2011 at 1:11 pm

october1165 said: The Company I work for is based out of Ankeny, would just be nice to ride through… considering they are giving me vacation time :)

You earned your vacation so I’d not even think about riding by your company’s headquarters.  That, and I’m hoping for a northern route.

Cathy Veal, January 25, 2011 at 2:36 pm

My tickets came in the mail yesterday. Going to bid on the Trek 1.2 (I’ll never even come close to what that bike will go for) My nephew out grew his bike and needs another bike. Of course he does. Just waiting for the 29th to get here. I’m so done with winter.
  Is it summer?

knees36, January 25, 2011 at 6:26 pm

helenheart said:

Knots…I love your British humor…RAGBRITS!!!  My wife is a Brit, but several generations removed from your side of the pond.   Her maiden name was Bardsley…her family came from the Manchester area,  I believe.  Try to get lots of sun before coming to Iowa…there will be plenty of it here, if all goes as usual, for the week of RAGBRAI.   Hope to meet you all this summer on the ride.  Knees.

Knees????? You tell this…this….this hooligan, that your wife is from the Manchester area – and not me?!?!?!? Do I mean nothing to you? I am crushed.

Helen…do you mean to tell me that you’re an emigrant from across the pond???!!!  How  did  I miss that???  I was pretty sure you were a Brit by ancestry but JUST NOW I’m thinking you’re a real Brit who just happens to live in California???  Heck,  I thought most of the British emigrated to these shores back in the 1700’s!!!  What took you so long to get here???  I apologize profusely, but you’re going to have to settle your own score with “Knots”, calling him a hooligan and such.  Blimey~~~did  I ever step into this one up to my gonies!!! 

knees36, January 25, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Just the same HH, it’s nice to see you back on the forum!!!  Knees.

helenheart, January 25, 2011 at 6:59 pm

knees36 said: Just the same HH, it’s nice to see you back on the forum!!!  Knees.

yes – AND i was born in manchester….boy, am I hurt.

(did you get my letter?)
Knots is fine – he can barely read. xo

knees36, January 25, 2011 at 8:10 pm

helenheart said:

knees36 said: Just the same HH, it’s nice to see you back on the forum!!!  Knees.

(did you get my letter?)

Whaaattt!!!  No way, you weren’t born in Manchester too!!!  You and Knots are going to have a lot to talk about unless you come from opposite side of the tracks. Yep,  I got your nice “thank you” letter and the pic of your “two wheeler.”  Nice set~~~of wheels!!!  Do you know him from some time back in your hometown~~~er, city?  You can probably guess that  I’m trying to avoid just how hurt you might be by my transgression…but  I’m truly hoping you’ll come out this trauma okay and find a way to forgive these old bones or brain cells, whatever is to blame!!!  Catch’ya’ later, HH.  Knees.

Davy Sprocket, January 25, 2011 at 8:22 pm

knees36 said:

helenheart said:

(did you get my letter?)

Whaaattt!!!  No way, you weren’t born in Manchester too!!!  You and Knots are going to have a lot to talk about unless you come from opposite side of the tracks. Yep,  I got your nice “thank you” letter and the pic of your “two wheeler.”  Nice set~~~of wheels!!!  Do you know him from some time back in your hometown~~~er, city?  You can probably guess that  I’m trying to avoid just how hurt you might be by my transgression…but  I’m truly hoping you’ll come out this trauma okay and find a way to forgive these old bones or brain cells, whatever is to blame!!!  Catch’ya’ later, HH.  Knees.

Do they have electricity in the UK yet?  I can’t remember if we let them have that yet or not.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 134 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters