Join Us in July - Register Today!

Route Announcement

First time RAGBRAI rider here, so maybe a dumb questions: I am not able to be at the route announcement party, so what is the best way to hear about the route in close to real time as possible.

Thanks
JS

135 Replies

Miss Cellania, January 27, 2011 at 9:45 am

They’re going to get everybody there, then make an announcement that due to security concerns it’s all been called off.

…..Miss Cellania

knotbury, January 27, 2011 at 10:44 am

There shouldn’t be too many security concerns – the hooligan element will be safely tucked up in bed :-)

jwsknk, January 27, 2011 at 10:57 am

knotbury said: There shouldn’t be too many security concerns – the hooligan element will be safely tucked up in bed :-)

You because it 2:30 or 4:30 am (depending on whose math is right) or are you refering to Kain-tucky where it will be after 9:30 pm? :-)

Michrider !!!, January 28, 2011 at 6:31 am

Have they announced the route yet???

jwsknk, January 28, 2011 at 8:29 am

Michrider said: Have they announced the route yet???

yes, did you sleep through it?

Michrider !!!, January 28, 2011 at 10:47 am

jwsknk said:

Michrider said: Have they announced the route yet???

yes, did you sleep through it?

Must have been all that beer!!!!

mclousing, January 28, 2011 at 12:12 pm

32 hrs and it will be a norhthern route, I hope :)

helenheart, January 28, 2011 at 2:08 pm

knotbury said: There shouldn’t be too many security concerns – the hooligan element will be safely tucked up in bed :-)

If only we could be so sure…………….

Michrider !!!, January 28, 2011 at 3:25 pm

helenheart said:

If only we could be so sure…………….

Nope, I’ll still be up and watching!!!

knotbury, January 28, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Is it beyond the bounds of possibility that Manchester will be a host town this year? It would have been a blast to have met up there. It seems that there is a significant presence of perfectly behaved Mancunians riding bicycles accross Iowa.

Michrider !!!, January 28, 2011 at 3:48 pm

knotbury said: Is it beyond the bounds of possibility that Manchester will be a host town this year? It would have been a blast to have met up there. It seems that there is a significant presence of perfectly behaved Mancunians riding bicycles accross Iowa.

If your all “perfectly behaved” your in the wrong place!  I’m just saying but then I’m from Kentucky!!!!

knees36, January 28, 2011 at 3:52 pm

knotbury said: Is it beyond the bounds of possibility that Manchester will be a host town this year? It would have been a blast to have met up there. It seems that there is a significant presence of perfectly behaved Mancunians riding bicycles accross Iowa.

Knots~~~it’s very unlikely we would overnight in Manchester this year as it was the Friday overnight just last year.  It was a very nice town to spend that last night of RAGBRAI, though, very indicative of the well-known English hospitality!!!     

Michrider !!!, January 28, 2011 at 3:53 pm

knees36 said:

Knots~~~it’s very unlikely we would overnight in Manchester this year as it was the Friday overnight just last year.  It was a very nice town to spend that last night of RAGBRAI, though, very indicative of the well-known English hospitality!!!     

Knees my friend, you lost me on this one!!!

helenheart, January 28, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Really ???– have them join the forum – it will be nice to meet them

Fourfold, January 28, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Helen. I can assure you that Knotbury and I will be on our best behaviour (with a “u”). We are taking language lessons and trying to learn a little of the local culture. We hope that by July, whatever the route, we will be able to communicate at least our basic needs.
I say old chap, beer, Kybo, beer, please……..

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 134 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters