RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

Route Lottery Winners: Anybody heard when?

They’ve also posted in the past the “guess map” of where the prodictions have landed.

8 Replies

mclousing, February 7, 2018 at 7:15 am

Lottery is never done till May 1. You can still sign up. that being said I haven’t heard of people who signed up that did not get in.

RDaryl Daryl, February 7, 2018 at 8:37 pm

Although the contest winners were announced in early February last year, the 2016 winners were announced February 24 on the blog. I’m sure our friends at RAGBRAI will not forget our need to cheer on the contest winners!

hnschipper, February 9, 2018 at 3:35 pm

I’ve never heard of someone not getting in through the lottery.

Csprint, February 18, 2018 at 4:14 pm

Actually, I was referring to the “Guess the Route” contest winners. In the past Ragbrai has posted a map of where the preponderance of guesses landed.

RDaryl Daryl, February 18, 2018 at 4:40 pm

This was posted to the RAGBRAI blog last Tuesday.
Here are this year’s winners:
Ted Doscher (Solon, Iowa) – 1st Place
Ted picked correctly on Onawa, Denison, Jefferson, Ames, Iowa City, and Davenport!
Randy Dillon (Springfield, Missouri) – Tied for 2nd Place
Derek Nelson (Leawood, Kansas) – Tied for 2nd Place
Lyle Schwartz (Story City, Iowa) – Tied for 2nd Place

montestaples, February 21, 2018 at 12:33 am

The RAGBRAI lottery is on May 1st. I believe it is done by a computer and you can check the RAGBRAI site on May 1st or after to see if you were selected. I have gone on RAGBRAI 12 years and never missed out on the lottery. However I have talked to someone that went on RAGBRAI almost every year but was not selected in the lottery 1 year. They went on RAGBRAI anyway and obtained a RAGBRAI packet from someone else who had a change of plans and could not go. This is very common and sometime after the lottery on May 1st you will start to see people on the RAGBRAI forum looking to buy or sell RAGBRAI packets that will arrive sometime in June via mail. I have not seen any price gouging and sometimes you can get them for less than what they paid, especially if somebody discovers that they can’t go fairly late in July. I guess my point is: If you really want to go on RAGBRAI, you will.

Tawnia Laconca, April 25, 2018 at 12:21 pm

I have two weeklong wristbands available if interested.

Jason Stoller, April 27, 2018 at 7:09 am

3. How do I know if I have been drawn in the computer lottery?

On May 1, you can go to the RAGBRAI Web page at http://www.ragbrai.com and view the Lottery Results. You will also be sent an automatic email with your wristband number after May 1st if you registered online.

This is straight from the FAQs

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI