Join Us in July - Register Today!

Route Maps With Milage (Between Towns)

Looking for 2023 maps with milage between pass through towns, found them for 2022 but not this year. Are they available now and if not will they be soon?

Thanks

9 Replies

Blake Bohanan, July 3, 2023 at 9:53 am

Hey There, They usually release the daily maps about now. I am expecting them anyday, hopefully sooner than later!

dsdouin, July 4, 2023 at 12:47 pm

In the registration packets being delivered now, in the participant guides they do have mileage between the towns listed. But this year they will be downloaded to Ride with GPS according to the latest update.
Also was wondering since, from reading the participant guide, is ride coverage (SAG, medical, law enforcement) only for those registered on the official route? What if you are riding around these larger overnight towns going from one point to another (those events listed in the program) are these ride services still in effect? What if you take a parallel street through a pass thru town are services still in effect? Anyone have past experience with the “fine print”?

impalamtnbkr, July 5, 2023 at 7:02 am

Here are the previews of the GPS routes (subject to updates)
https://ridewithgps.com/events/209667-ragbrai-l-2023#routes/42222914/preview

dsdouin, July 5, 2023 at 7:51 am

Appreciate the routes NCBC, but I’m waiting for the “rill dill”.

Raymond Johnson, July 5, 2023 at 11:53 pm

dsdouin, I think I see your concern, but it shouldn’t be something to worry about. Yes, if you aren’t on the posted route you shouldn’t expect a SAG wagon or an ambulance to come by to help you if you’re in need. They have plenty to do on the route itself without looking for riders who might have chosen another street or road. And when the route closes, it’s time for those route service folks to get their rest. But when your ride is over and you’re in town, everybody just kinda goes…everywhere, and we trust that the local services and the goodness of Iowans will be there to help us out in case of an emergency. If it’s 7 pm and you fly over your handlebars on a side street on the way to the concert, chances are there will be a dozen other bikers within 100 meters of you, not to mention people hanging out in yards, walking down the sidewalk, or driving through town. Someone will make sure you’re okay.

garywilk, July 6, 2023 at 8:58 am

Dsdouin, Raymond is correct. There are lots of medics, firefighters, emt’s, flight nurses, and others that are doing the ride and willing to help until an ambulance arrives. Ragbrai will also cover the passthrough towns as things may be a few blocks off the normal path. The overnight towns also have several additional first responders ready to help as well as busses or other transportation to help out. I think you will find that Ragbrai is one of those events that have both participants and locals that are the most helpful.

Rob Fuller, July 6, 2023 at 9:01 am

At Sioux City, ridewithgps.com is showing a wrong departure route. According to ragbraisiouxcity.com the departure route is on the north side of town.

DenBiker, July 6, 2023 at 2:31 pm

Just checked Ride with GPS – The 2023 RAGBRAI route posted by Robert has the correct routing out of Sioux City. The city announced the departure route a few days ago. https://www.siouxlandproud.com/news/local-news/departure-route-for-sioux-city-ragbrai-announced-public-museum-hosting-special-events/

impalamtnbkr, July 12, 2023 at 6:49 pm

Official GPS route: https://ridewithgps.com/events/225430-ragbrai-50

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters