Registration deadline extended to April 15 for weeklong rider, weeklong non-rider, and vehicles passes!

RV Camping Costs at Host Town

It has been over 8 years since I was a non-rider/support/driver with a RV/Camper on RAGBRAI. Is Winterset’s prices to camp at the designated RV Campground the norm now? In case you didn’t see it, at the Madison County Fairgrounds, it is normally $17/night to camp with full service hookups or $15/night for electric only hookups. But for the night of RAGBRAI it is $100/night to camp with full service hookups or $50/night for electric only (I haven’t called the City Park’s Campground in Winterset yet). I’m just wanting to find out if this huge jump is now the norm for anywhere that I can camp that has some type of hookup. TIA.

2 Replies

wildbill, July 13, 2019 at 9:27 am

It is like that everywhere. Sad when they take advantage of people. It is what it is I guess.

3 Pedal, July 15, 2019 at 1:47 pm

That is fairly unusual, but I have seen it before, and I fear it is becoming a little more common. I can pay for a lot of generator gas for $50. I expect we will be staying somewhere else that night. I enjoy RAGBRAI, love helping the local communities, but don’t like to be taken advantage of.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI