RAGBRAI LI Weeklong and Day Passes available until 7/5!

RV questions

when do we find out where RV campsites are, can you set up a tent outside RV, are public showers available at RV campsites. first ragbrai

6 Replies

Michrider !!!, May 3, 2012 at 2:54 pm

garybrotze:
when do we find out where RV campsites are, can you set up a tent outside RV, are public showers available at RV campsites.first ragbrai

Yes, you can set a tent outside an RV. However, it other RV’s are running generators, it might be difficult to sleep in that tent. Public showers are available. Showers usually cost in the $5-$6. Schools have lots of water for showers. However, it’s usually all cold! Shower trucks are the best, with lots of hot water! I still fondly remember the car wash shower in 1997!!!! I remember the hog barn shower in 2006, not so fondly!! Be prepared to stand in line, lower your expectations and have a great time!!!!!! RAGBRAI is the best party on the planet!!!!

kurmdgn, May 3, 2012 at 3:07 pm

And watch out for Marshalltown showers! Went through there a few years
back and they sent us off to showers at the old swimming pool. Had to pay
$5 or something for a shower that felt like it came straight out of a
glacier.

giantron, May 3, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Did a tour in Northern Wisconsin, and the school showers were definitely coming from a glacier!!

The town maps usually will show where the RV’s will park, but that is sometimes subject to change. Check the town sites as we get closer and a lot of them will post it. When you get there just seek out a spot near grass for your tenters, and hopefully away from generators.

Sandaltan ., May 3, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Check the overnight town’s web sites after the 4th of July for the nearly final maps. Then, check them again three or four days before you leave for RAGBRAI.

RIDE RIGHT

cbengford, May 4, 2012 at 10:06 am

Gary,
Just my opinion…but I have been checking each over night towns web site.
Under Riders there is information regarding camping and in some cases RV camping. C. Rapids has listed some info that is helpful. What type of Rig are you driving. I am hoping for as much info as possible regarding RV camping.

Davy Sprocket, May 5, 2012 at 5:57 am

I go with an RV and believe that the biggest benefit to doing so is having a hot shower, nice bed and rain shelter. The other big benefit is that you can stop where ever you want to camp. While the DMR camp sites can be fun, they can be a pain in the butt to get in and out of as well. If it is raining, I recommend a Walmart or other store’s parking lot to avoid the mud. There are no boundries when you have an RV ’cause you got it all right there. A good driver is a must.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters