Saddle suggestions-women

Okay ladies, as training has begun, I would like suggestions as to preferred saddles (easy on soft tissues) for road bikes. This would be my first ragbrai and I’m concerned about handling the distance as comfortably as possible. I’m not sure I can handle a saddle with a center split…… any help is greatly appreciated!I am going from a hybrid to a road bike….

21 Replies

swiifg, April 3, 2019 at 9:06 am

I bought a Cloud 9 for my hybrid bike. Style of riding and position on the bike are different for everybody. I needed to avoid pressure on the tailbone area and the Cloud 9 works well for that as I sit more upright than on a road bike. Having the vented saddle is also a plus, in my opinion. Good luck finding your best new bike buddy!

Vicque Ebentheuer, April 3, 2019 at 8:55 pm

I have ridden about a dozen week long bike rides and swear by the selle Italia Diva Gel flow Women’s saddle. It’s very comfortable. They sell it on Amazon for about $75. Most of the women in our bike club ride this saddle.

goodlaura, April 5, 2019 at 10:08 am

I swapped my old saddle for a Terry saddle last year (can’t remember which one) but it’s very comfortable and like others have said, they have a 30 day guarantee, so if you don’t like it, return it and try something else. good luck!

jay williams, April 5, 2019 at 11:24 am

Check out the new women’s saddle by specialized. There are a few videos, funny and with good design explained.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/power-saddle-mimic?tiletest=true

drmarcia, April 5, 2019 at 11:30 am

I bought a Terry saddle three years ago and love it! I called them and they discussed the different models with me. When I upgraded my bike last year, I brought my Terry saddle along.

francoisvanzyl, April 5, 2019 at 1:49 pm

Funny story re John Deere that still does not have a saddle for you. What is wrong with those people?

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI