The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Seeking RV space for two cyclists

My wife and I are riding RAGBRAI 2018 and have a small teardrop camper (only sleeps two) and will be camping at campgrounds along the route as we have done in past years. We are seeking someone also doing RAGBRAI that has a travel trailer or RV with air conditioning that will also be staying in campgrounds that would have space for two cyclists (male and female). They are from Wales UK and coming to ride RAGBRAI. Willing to share the cost of the RV/Trailer and campsites. We would coordinate staying in the same campground.

2 Replies

KenH, January 10, 2018 at 1:17 pm

Do you and your wife split the driving between you? Or do you have a driver as well?

I have a small motorhome that my little team of 2 or 3 have done RAGBRAI in most years since 2012. We are chronically short of a driver and so we usually split that duty among us. Last year it ended up being just two of us and even though we found ways to get us both more than half the riding it was only a little more than half and that is clearly not the ideal way to do the ride. I could add a few more riders if need be but asking a couple from Wales to share the driving of a motorhome through the RAGBRAI madhouse would be neither wise nor kind! But if you and your wife were willing to share the driving perhaps we could work something out….

Just thinking out loud at this point. Our first team meeting to start discussing RAGBRAI plans won’t be until about mid February so I won’t have much direction for the year until then. I do know that one of our three can’t come this year which may mean we would just go with a charter but then there was talk of someone else joining us and there is also another larger team that we often coordinate with that might turn up another rider/driver for us. So no way I could say yes or no at this point but if the possibility sounds useful, keep in touch with me by PM.

So, I worked in the UK for six months on a job assignment in 1988 and we visited Wales two or three times. We just loved the people and the place and the flag, oh the flag must be the best flag in the world! I can tell you from experience that if you wear a jersey that features the Welsh dragon from the flag during RAGBRAI week you will have a LOT of people starting up conversations with you!

ron.derooi, January 23, 2018 at 4:03 pm

We have a ride thanks to all who responded….R

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014

RAGBRAI XLI – 2013