RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Shuttles

As a first timer, I was wondering in there is any sort of shuttle service available that would take you from the end of the daily ride back to the beginning town so one could move a vehicle/camper on a daily basis.

6 Replies

hnschipper, June 23, 2018 at 1:03 pm

There is not. I know some teams that don’t have a dedicated driver split the driving duties to get the RV from one town to the next. Drivers coukd switch out with riders at the meeting tiwn so everyone still gets to ride each day. Otherwise, if you really want to shuttle back, you would have to find someone willing to take you.

Don Cahail, June 23, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Thanks for the info.

KenH, June 23, 2018 at 10:38 pm

My team splits the driving among the riders. It works, changing drivers at meeting towns also helps you schedule the driving to balance everyone’s riding to driving ratio.

There is a market for the service you ask about, there’s just no one serving it right now. I’d prefer to drive the rig to the next town right away in the morning and catch a shuttle back to the start of the ride.

Don Cahail, June 24, 2018 at 8:03 am

Morning Ken
So there is a shuttle from the meeting town back to the starting town each day? Can you place your bike on that shuttle? Is there a shuttle that runs from the end of the ride to the meeting town? Thanks for your help on this.

hnschipper, June 24, 2018 at 8:21 am

There is no shuttle. You would have to find someone to drive you.

KenH, June 24, 2018 at 7:35 pm

No there’s no shuttle. I was just stating my preferred schedule if there were one! If such a service were offered there would be patrons but alas there is none.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI