The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Single Rider looking to join a team

I am planning on parking in the finish town & taking a shuttle to Council Bluffs on Friday.
I’m looking for a team that has arranged for inside lodgings along the ride

17 Replies

Devon Bussen, March 19, 2019 at 11:47 am

Joseph,

I may be able to help you. We are a group that offers transportation from the end point to the start point. Our group camps each night instead of indoor housing but we do all the hard work. Contact me for more details!!

Odie Mason, March 20, 2019 at 11:02 am

Hi Joseph. I am a member of the Siouxland Cyclists Club located in Sioux City IA. We have a Weeklong Ragbrai SAG tour with optional bus transport back to Council Bluffs and Sioux City. Very reasonable. $180 for the week. Includes luggage transport, access to power for devices, hospitality tent, RAGBRAI designated campsites, a new warm shower system, a private sorta-potty for our camp and a lot of great people. You will not be alone. For more info see our website at siouxlandcyclist.org click RAGBRAI 2019 also join our new facebook RAGBRAI page at Siouxlandcyclists RAGBRAI SAG.

Robert Weiss, March 22, 2019 at 1:43 pm

Hi Joseph,

I am not really a team, but i ride with people from Joe’s Wet Shack. This is indoor lodging without the hassle. Joe’s has 18 wheel truck trailers that are turned into bunkbeds, six per room.

electricity in the room to charge all your devices. Private showers within the trailer and Joe carries your gear from city to city. They have beer and soft drinks and they have dinner for you 3 of the seven days. All this for $800

http://www.joeswetshack.com

Tom Young, March 24, 2019 at 7:58 pm

Joseph: Another vote for Joe’s Bunk house. In addition to the above, you will sleep in Air Conditioning. There are regulars who travel with Joe every year. A good group. no loud party people. Joe provides coolers for beverages of your choice and also provides some beverages also. It is great to not have to carry your stuff with you. There is also a large tent they set up with tables for just sitting around and sharing bike stories.You also have the advantage of not being in the midst of a lot of tent campers.

william Abel, March 25, 2019 at 3:12 pm

Looking for a team to ride with ragbrai, I have done 4 rode every miles all week

Devon Bussen, March 25, 2019 at 4:29 pm

Hi Abel,

You are more than welcome to join Team Alpaca Adventure Tours. We are offering transportation from the end point to the start along with lots of other amenities. Contact me if you would like more information!

william Abel, March 25, 2019 at 4:42 pm

I would like the information on it

Odie Mason, March 25, 2019 at 6:37 pm

Hi William. I am a member of the Siouxland Cyclists Club located in Sioux City IA. We have a Weeklong Ragbrai SAG tour with optional bus transport back to Council Bluffs and Sioux City. Very reasonable. $180 for the week. Includes luggage transport, access to power for devices, hospitality tent, RAGBRAI designated campsites, a new warm shower system, a private sorta-potty for our camp and a lot of great people. We also offer an optional extra day of RAGBRAI. You can ride from Sioux City to Council Bluffs on Saturday July 20. It is about 100 miles. You will not be alone. For more info see our website at siouxlandcyclist.org click RAGBRAI 2019 also join our new facebook RAGBRAI page at Siouxlandcyclists RAGBRAI SAG.

Victoria Boyd, March 28, 2019 at 5:47 pm

I am also looking for a team. This would be my first Ragbrai and definitely the only event I’ve entered by myself.

Odie Mason, March 29, 2019 at 11:10 am

Hi Victoria. Siouxland Cyclists is a legacy bike club out of Sioux City IA. We would love to have you on our team. The first time I rode with the Siouxland Cyclists club on RAGBRAI I went alone and met a great group of people. (I don’t think anyone is ever truly alone on RAGBRAI—) Here are a couple of sites that have info. SIouxlandcyclists.org. Click RAGBRAI 2019. Since we are a RAGBRAI legacy club we require that each rider that SAGs with us has a RAGBRAI wrist band ($175); You must be a Siouxland Cyclist Club member. $20; Our SAG is $180 for the week or $30 a day. We provide transport for your luggage. Power for devices; A RAGBRAI assigned campsite each night–with directions on how to find it. We are adding a new improved warm shower system.(No searching for RAGBRAI showers). We are adding a private Port-a-potty just for our team this year. There is a hospitality tent each day opening around 2 ish. If you have any problems we are there to help. (Your RAGBRAI wristband will provide you with general pick up services each day if you need a ride) We have riders at all different levels SAG with us. Including very friendly and experienced club members who can give you advice and help you on your journey. The club also offers a charter bus return from Keokuk. The bus will stop in Council Bluffs and Sioux City. If you want an extra day of RAGBRAI–we have a “traditional” ride to RAGBRAI leaving from Sioux City on Saturday July 20. See and join our new RAGBRAI SAG page for more information on that event and other RAGBRAI happenings. Siouxland Cyclists RAGBRAI SAG. You can join the club facebook page at Siouxland Cyclists (the page) There is also a large group called Siouxland Cyclists we use to post rides etc. That is Siouxland cyclists (the groups). Hope to see you on the voyage. It should be a lot of fun. It you have any questions–please contact me at mf2613@aol.com.

alura acker, March 30, 2019 at 12:59 am

Have you joined any team?

Joseph Tovo Sr, March 30, 2019 at 6:52 am

Yes, I joined Bikes to You.
Thanks for asking
Joe

MJ McMillen, March 31, 2019 at 12:00 pm

I am also looking for a team to join. Not sure if anyone from NWA is heading to RAGBRAI, but interested in joining from here or tagging along with another group.

Amy Steinhauer, March 31, 2019 at 9:14 pm

am from Egan, South Dakota and I want to ride in Ragbrai this year. I have never road on a bike ride for multi-days. I would like to ride the last 2 or 3 days. My questions is how do I transport my bedding/tent and clothes, where do I park my vehicle and how can I connect with someone from SD to get in some kind of group? Any help would be appreciated.

Odie Mason, April 1, 2019 at 9:40 am

Hi Amy. I am actually from Vermillion SD-but also a member and on the Board of Siouxland Cyclists. I am also a member of FAB (falls area Bicycle club out of Sioux Falls) You can purchase day passes directly from RAGBRAI. That will get you and your luggage from the town you start at to the end of the ride at Keokuk.Then you are on your own to get back to where you parked you vehicle. I think what you are doing now–trying to make contact with people in the forum is a good way to connect up. You might contact FAB in Sioux Falls and send a message asking if any of its members are doing RAGBRAI. There usually are. Also,RAGBRAI online registration ends today–I dont have our list of riders. But I will see if we have any South Dakota riders with us.

Our Club Siouxland cyclists club (out of Sioux City IA) offers a private SAG service. You have to have a RAGBRAI wrist band. Our extra SAG service is $30 a day. We transport your luggage. Have an assigned campsite. Private campsite port-a-potty. Electricity for your devices. A new warm shower system. Hospitality tent each day. Great people to meet and ride with. Our club offers transportation back to Council Bluffs and Sioux City.($100) So maybe if could get dropped off where you wanted to start–you could take the bs back to Sioux City ad be closer to home for a pick up???

Also–have you considered RASDak (ride across South Dakota) June 2 to June 8. It starts in Custer and ends in Yankton. see RASDAK.com for info. Or you can email me at mf2613@aol.com if you have further questions. Good luck

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014