Sioux City to Le Mars ?

Newbie here, and yes I waited a while to figure this out, but I’m flying into Sioux City on the 23rd, any suggestions on getting to Le Mars ? I was thinking worst case Uber/Lyft – my bike was shipped, so it’ll just be me and my bag ….

6 Replies

Chris, July 15, 2021 at 11:59 am

Welcome to the Zoo, NJrunner!

You might get lucky and someone has room on a team bus or in their car for you. Try posting in the Clubs, Teams, and Charters section of the forum, too, as one of the teams might be meeting there. I did a quick, quick, check and there does not appear to be a mass transit connection between the two cities, so it’ll probably be Uber/Lyft/Taxi. At least it’s pretty close :)

NJRunner…. from the username, can I ask where in New Jersey you’re coming in from?

9 Days and counting! Whoo!
-Chris

garywilk, July 15, 2021 at 12:09 pm

Post what time you would be available for pick-up and you will likely get lucky. Most riders are very friendly and would not mind giving you a ride for free or for a beer as long as it is not too for out of their way and about the time they would be coming through. Only thing for the week is no whining? This ride is still one of the most enjoyable experiences out there. Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as everyone else. My dad is 76 and he keeps talking about going again this year. I think this will be his 25th time.

njrunner61, July 15, 2021 at 12:16 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Chris – I’m coming from Brick, NJ – Jersey shore, nice and flat places to ride.

Gary – No whining ? Well then I’m out ! :-) No worries, while I’ve never done a bike tour like this I’ve knocked out a few marathons in the past, so I keep all my whining on the inside.

This reply was modified 3 months ago by njrunner61.

Chris, July 15, 2021 at 4:31 pm

Whadda mean, no whining? There’s LOTS of whining…..but we drown it out with Mr. Pork Chop. You can’t be upset with a Iowa pork chop in your mouth.

I’m originally from Passaic County, NJ. Just moved up North last year, so I was just up the road a little ways from you. Used to ride with the Central Jersey Wheelmen a lot.

You’re in for a treat next week. No, I’m not kidding, either. You’ll sweat, you’ll curse at the hills, you’ll have the best time you’ve ever had with your clothes on. It’s like nothing we have in NJ.

See ya on the road,
-Chris

njrunner61, July 16, 2021 at 5:21 pm

So let me ask, while this website has plenty of info, I’m finding it difficult to find what I need. Is there some itinerary somewhere ? I’m flying in Friday, and I have a hotel room by the airport, and probably take an uber/lyft/taxi into Le Mars – but is there a participant campground in Le Mars for Saturday ? And what time does it start on Sunday, and where ?

jelly0317, July 16, 2021 at 5:49 pm

Check out the Le Mars web page through the RAGBRAI site. There are town and campground maps. Leave whenever you want on Sunday (pre-sunrise starts are officially discouraged).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI