sleep!

Finally going to mark RAGBRAI off my bucket list and what perfect timing as RAGBRAI 2018 ends at the Mississippi on my 50th birthday. As a newbie doing this with some girlfriends (also newbie’s) what are the chances of actually getting a real bed at the various overnight stops? Between hotels/motels and awesome Iowans opening up their homes, what are our chances of avoiding camping? Thanks for your input.

34 Replies

Amanda, February 5, 2018 at 11:06 am

I bring a twin size double high air mattress. Sleep wonderfully and I can get out of bed easier with the extra height. I am older and it helps!! LOL

KenH, February 5, 2018 at 2:18 pm

The year I tent camped I saw quite a few of those, all of the ones I saw had builtin AC powered inflators. The little cell phone charging generator was used for many things….

If you want to go that route make sure it fits in your tent! Buy whichever one you buy second to fit the other and then try it out before RAGBRAI week!!

Amanda, February 6, 2018 at 7:12 am

I purchased a new tent after I had my bed. And it just fit. But by the end of the week I was shoving it in the tent and swearing profusely! LOL so the next year I got a bigger tent. I am the princess you know! LOL

Clyde Halsrud, February 6, 2018 at 11:52 am

You could try calling a real estate office in each town to see if there is an apartment you could rent for the night. Met a guy who did that and it seemed to work out for him a few nights…but he was a relator so perhaps they did him a favor.

RAGBRAI is a camping event. Hint 1: pack light. Hint 2: get a good (I mean good) pad and inflatable pillow. Then, enjoy.

Viewing 4 replies - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015