The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Solo rider looking for team

I am from West Branch and looking for a team to house with. Please send me details to jageptx@gmail.com

3 Replies

Kelli Libby, July 13, 2018 at 3:43 pm

Have you considered a Charter???
Check out Lost And Found Adventures.
http://www.lfadventures.com/
We offer a great experience with seasoned riders and newbies. We have about 100 riders and 10 staff members.
We offer baggage support, ice cold drinks from the coolers, snacks, camp showers, hot coffee in the am before you ride out for your days Adventures and east signage back to camp each day.
Hope to see you on the Ride…

bmyoungberg, July 13, 2018 at 4:42 pm

Ride solo, use the free truck and save your $$

RhondaWalinga, July 13, 2018 at 4:56 pm

We’ve done RAGBRAI every way you can except stay in hotels. We’ve packed and carried everything on the bike, used the RAGBRAI trucks, gotten vehicle passes for others to drive our vehicle, gotten an RV pass, found homes in every overnight community and with a charter. The charter/club is the way to go hands down. Yes, it costs more, but the convenience is well worth it. And if you choose the right charter, it doesn’t have to be crazy expensive. Turns out, we actually use Lost And Found Adventures mentioned by Kelli above. I think we’ve been with them for 15-ish years now. I don’t think either of us are going this year due to poor training on my part, but they really are a great, reasonably priced group. I don’t drink coffee but my husband is SO HAPPY they have coffee each morning. (And beer when we get in. I prefer the chocolate milk.) But we’ve heard from many others that they wish their team/club/charter would have coffee in the morning. No, I’m not related to them. Just thought I’d give a testimonial if it would help with your decision.
http://www.lfadventures.com/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014

RAGBRAI XLI – 2013

RAGBRAI XL – 2012