Join Us in July - Register Today!

Solo with Brancel Charters – Looking for a group to hang with

50 something- Just looking for a group to ride with for the week. I’m handy with a bike, and can pull my own weight.

6 Replies

Larry Klaaren, June 24, 2018 at 1:02 pm

I’m solo with Brancel also. 65 later this year. I’m thinking we’ll find some folks that we click with easily enough. I’ve heard there’s a lot of solo folks.

LawnchairMan, June 24, 2018 at 1:41 pm

Norm and Larry,

I too go with Brancel. I usually average 18 mph on the ride, and since the recumbent is slower uphill and faster down, it’s hard to match riding with a diamond framer. But, I am 66 and could hang with you at least in camp.

Scott

Robert Boles, June 24, 2018 at 1:50 pm

I too am a solo rider with Brancel. I’ve chartered with them before and had no problem meeting people to visit with in camp and to ride with.
It’s always a good group with Brancel. I ride around the 17mph pace but have learned with RAGBRAI it’s about slowing down and taking in all I can.
Look forward to possibly meeting you at Brancel

trek2300, June 24, 2018 at 6:37 pm

Just show up at the Brancel canopies, grab a cold beverage, and look for riders your age. This year, four of us are chartering with Brancel again but met several years ago under the canopies. There are a lot of fun people that are easy to join in with.

Norm Ovens, June 24, 2018 at 8:36 pm

I’m happy with the responses I’ll find you all under the Brancel canopies, we’ll work it out from there!

adamtreier, June 25, 2018 at 9:18 am

I am not solo, riding with 2 other people… but if all these guys are too fast for you and you want to smell every single flower on the way to the next town I am sure that my group is going to be one of the last ones into camp every day ;)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters