I have some last minute logistic questions that hopefully someone can clarify. Seems like I’m not entirely done buying stuff for RAGBRAI:
1. How do you carry your cash and cards? I read about those lanyards that go around the neck, but I’m weary about wearing one for 80 miles under the jersey. Some big possibility of chafing.
2. Do you know if more places accept credit cards in recent years? I’m hoping to limit the amount of cash. Hopefully having under $60 on person on any given day should work.
3. I’m only bringing the two jersey sets I have. Have you guys found that you need more? Presumably even if the jersey doesn’t dry overnight, it should dry by the following morning.
4. Are the lines really that long for a bathroom and a shower? I was wondering if this depends on how fast you’re riding. Is there such thing as beating half or most of the crowd to the next town and easily using the shower/toilet without waiting much?
5. I’m sure there are others here who enjoy a relaxing shower. We do have to still fit in washing our jerseys in the shower. Is there an etiquette of how long you can take to shower? I’m going with a charter, but I read that anyone can use any shower anywhere and the charter showers aren’t limited to members only. 20-30 min would be great after a long day, but not sure if that would be inappropriate in the setting…
6. Especially those who have done charters (mine will be Brancel), have you found that electrical plugs are limited? I’m wondering if I should bring an extension cord and buy a multi-USB charger. I have battery banks, but they do take a while to charge.
Any other tips along the lines of logistics are welcome.