sorry to affend anyone or a town!!

i do realize what a great state iowa is. and i know how good ragbrai is. my intentions were not to bash anyone or any town. eventhogh i did bash keokuk. it’s just that drugs are everywhere, and i thought the great state of iowa was fairly clean to meth and other hard drugs esp in small er towns. iowa being a farming state. i geuss i ll have to park in front of the police station if i want to feel safe in keokuk. I MEAN my car will be there all week. and nobody has mentioned anything about security in parking lots there. so i assumed everyone is own there own for that.

again i apoligize for the keokuk comments. and btw, i aint no troll !!

12 Replies

jay williams, February 8, 2019 at 6:37 pm

I always feel safer doing my meth in front of the police station.

John Wright, February 8, 2019 at 6:54 pm

I put brake fluid in my meth…now I can stop whenever I want!

klkoopman, February 9, 2019 at 9:42 am

Before this thread is deleted, as it should be, I’ll attempt to answer your parking question. The route was announced a couple of weeks ago. Towns are now in the planning phase and the specific parking information will be available in a month or two. Keokuk, like any other end town in the past 40 years, will identify a community college, high school or fairground as the parking location. The police and other volunteers will set up patrols to monitor the site during the week. If you don’t like that setup; have a friend drop you off, take a bus, take a cab. Do whatever you want to do. Parking in front of the police department will get you towed, you can pay $500 to get your car out of hock if you want.

T.J. did not indicate that any and all negative issues will be deleted. This Forum proves that. Like any quality organization, constructive criticism is welcomed with the goal of improving the experience. RAGBRAI is a quality organization. What is not acceptable is blatantly stereotyping and bad-mouthing an entire community that you know NOTHING about. Let me make a wild guess that the vast majority of Keokukans just as hard-working, community-minded and pleasant as are the citizens of your city. Painting the entire town with one broad brush is not acceptable. I don’t know what these other two lame meth jokes are doing here, but it doesn’t help the situation. These people will be volunteering their time to make your RAGBRAI experience enjoyable, you can extend a little respect towards them and their home.

This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by klkoopman.

LawnchairMan, February 9, 2019 at 9:53 am

John,

I have participated in six Ragbrai’s and have had no problem leaving my car for a week. Start towns and end towns will have designated places for us to park. I think it cost $75 last year. Watch the Ragbrai website for the overnight towns’ websites. The local police check the parking lots through the week for people who do not belong there. Other than my car, my most valuable item (bike) will be with me. Of course I never leave anything of value where it can be seen through the windows. Come and enjoy yourself!

This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by LawnchairMan.

prince page, February 9, 2019 at 11:15 am

hey klkooman, i was not trying to bash a whole town. and do realize that the town is laying out the red carpet for ragbrai and the riders. I don’t know whay the other post about meth being on here. i guess everybody thinks i am a troll or i bash out towns in iowa. i don’t do this , but unlike everybody else, i travel alone and have deveral impotant items in my car like a computer ect. so no i don’t want anyone breaking into my car. and what i said about keokuk is true . you do the math. go look it up. i am not affiliated with keokuk in any way. i only wish them the best. but i am poor and i dont have lots of money. so what i do have i want left alone. when i travel which i do very often because i work out west most of the time. i try to stay as safe as i can. you can not blame me for that. so this guy tj and whoever he is, can call me a troll all he wants too, but the fact remains he knows nothing about me what so ever. so anyhow, i wish all the rides to have a safe ride. thanks

RDaryl Daryl, February 9, 2019 at 12:54 pm

I like to visit Mr. Porkchop during RAGRAI. He seems to know many people.
Matt might be able to tell me about this guy TJ whoever he is.
All humor aside, it is time to let these threads pass on to the bottom of the thread list because they have been over-fed by something other than Iowa pie and porkchops.

mootsman, February 9, 2019 at 1:14 pm

pp,

Consider leaving items like a computer at home if possible. Leaving items in plain sight is always a bad idea pretty much everywhere. Or maybe rent an airport locker in Burlington before you park for the week, leaving your items there.

Not sure if you were serious but TJ of course runs RAGBRAI for the Register. We all like the way he runs it and appreciate his efforts.

prince page, February 9, 2019 at 1:16 pm

this tj guy is ahead of ragbrai!! he is the ceo of this event sorta!! he seems to be a nice guy but i made him mad about one of my post so he deleted it. oh well, i apoligized for the post but, i ment what i said about keokuk and the meth use there. but i am sure there are nice parts of leoluk too. but where are the parking lots at is my qt, and is my car safe there. i mean i have said enough on this post about keokuk. i mean its the same ole thing it’s time to move on from this post

prince page, February 9, 2019 at 1:19 pm

also i have been called a troll!! wow i geuss iam a troll. i speak the truth!!

prince page, February 9, 2019 at 1:28 pm

hey mootsman, thanks for the reply. but i might try and figure out something on my computer and stuff. i mean , its just that when i saw the article about keokuk, i got mad and discouraged because i really like iowa because of the friendly people and low crime and drug use there. but how in world did it happen in a town like keokuk. seems to be such a nice low key farming town wow. but yes tj does a good job on ragbrai.

ESchiers, February 9, 2019 at 5:34 pm

P.P.
For the love of God, please let this go ’cause RAGBRAI don’t care!

LawnchairMan, February 9, 2019 at 8:09 pm

My last comment was directed to the wrong person. Sorry John.

Mr. Page,
Another thing I do is put reflective sunblock pads in my car windows. It keeps my car from overheating, and it blocks the view of whatever I leave inside.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015