Space available – Team Farmstrong

Team Farmstrong is a group that bases out of Walcott, Iowa. We have a converted school bus that operates as our support vehicle. Currently have 3-4 spots available. Group pitches in to cover expenses. We base out of campgrounds, bus has awning, and electrical service to charge cell phones, etc.

8 Replies

KlisterKidMA, March 24, 2016 at 11:53 pm

Hello,
I will be 68 on 7/25. I have done RAGBRAI twice before (2008, 2011). I was one of eight in the bus crash returning to New England on 7/31 near South Bend. Ugh!
Anyway, I would like to know: a) how and where do I join your group when I get to Iowa, b) how your group operates; i.e. I am not much of a drinker, don’t smoke, but do several LEGITIMATE drugs that I don’t want stolen, c) I assume I bring my own tent, etc but what else might I need to have for your group.
Thanks in advance,
Bill A.

msuforester, April 30, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Steve: This is maureen from Michigan. We still want to join your group. I have sent multiple messages multiple ways but dont know if you are reciving them. We are interested in joining your group. There are 4 of us ages earl 50’s to mid 60’s. Let me know what we need to do next.

KlisterKidMA, May 2, 2016 at 9:10 am

If somehow this message goes to everyone I can log onto the Forum, but the web site takes “ages” to search for Team Farmstrong or just Farmstrong.
Five questions:
1) Have I registered to be in your group? I’ll have my 68th birthday during the ride;
2) What is the fee to join the group’s list and/or what additional money do I need to send/to have when the trip stars?
3) I will be driving from the Boston, MA area; if anyone wants to join me, let me know.
4) I plan to continue west after the trip to see as many national parks as I can
(it is the 100th anniversary AND it is one of the items on my “bucket list”),
if someone needs gear brought to the ride, I can help, but for the return most likely I won’t unless my plans change.
5) I have a female AKC std parti poodle who I have not spayed;
a) I have never bred a dog, so any suggestions are helpful; after all, no real-time “guide book” exists to raise humans πŸ™‚ oh, Dr. Spock, yes;
b) in another aspect of the spirit of RAGBRAI she may be pregnant by then (I’ll consult with her doctor before going),
c) does anyone know the name of a reputable kennel along the way? I think I will search one of the towns either at the end or the beginning of the ride

Thanks,
Bill

Jay Jelinek, May 6, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Steve! I rode with you guys last year to Sioux City – had a great time and the Euchre games made the time fly by — I still think your partner was cheating πŸ™‚ Don’t know if I’ll need a ride to the start this year. I’ll find out next month and will let you know. Would be great to see y’all again!
– Jay J.

msuforester, May 10, 2016 at 7:27 am

Steve: This is Maureen from Michigan again. Are we in your group? Should we send you a deposit?

Rob Tigges, May 22, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Steve, we’d be interested in three spots, full week. Let me know if still open spots and how to proceed?

Jay Jelinek, June 20, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Steve,
I will be needing a ride to the start this year – same as last year, it’d be just me (and a case of beer) as I’ll have already dropped my bike and stuff off at the start. Let me know if I can hitch a ride with y’all again.
Thanks!
Jay Jelinek
720-413-8029

Erin Czupil, June 30, 2018 at 10:48 am

We are two riders looking for a ride form Iowa City to Onawa July 21, 2018. WIll have 2 bikes and 2 duffle bags-do you have space for us?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015