spammers

Now they are sendind private messages. Shopcanada,sbergzaid,and bluetoothsmalle all in the last hour or so.11:00 cat 1/1/12

50 Replies

jwsknk, January 2, 2012 at 10:13 am

Latest scimitar, babydollbabydol,golamatiffany, teauleon, braceletsherry,oddeyelli,and darkmoncier.

Michrider !!!, January 2, 2012 at 10:45 am

jwsknk said: Latest scimitar, babydollbabydol,golamatiffany, teauleon, braceletsherry,oddeyelli,and darkmoncier.

2 F’n many to keep track of!!!

Ken Reed, January 2, 2012 at 11:10 am

I’ve gotten ten in the last two hours. WTF?!

jwsknk, January 2, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Do ncobernnoxan, uggscheap and jacketscanadian really think that can sell their crappy chinese knockoffs by spanning?

Tony, January 2, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I have received none. But then I run Linux (Ubuntu). With Linux you just don’t have problems with spywear, virus, or junk. Windows is just a horrible OS. Mac OS is not much better. Linux is not hard to learn. Its actually easy to learn. The Gnome GUI (Graphic User Interface) is similar in operation to Windows OS. The KDE GUI is similar to Mac OS. No costly upgrades. Open source software is free. IMO Ubuntu is the easiest version of Linux to learn.

http://www.ubuntu.com/tour/

Zinger, January 2, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Since they are sending PM’s through this specific website, it shouldn’t matter what OS you are running. The e-mails that I’ve gotten have all been from the RAGBRAI site informing me that I’ve gotten a PM, not from the spammers themselves.

Michrider !!!, January 2, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Zinger said: Since they are sending PM’s through this specific website, it shouldn’t matter what OS you are running. The e-mails that I’ve gotten have all been from the RAGBRAI site informing me that I’ve gotten a PM, not from the spammers themselves.

Zinger, that’s what I’m getting too!

Tony, January 2, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Zinger said: Since they are sending PM’s through this specific website, it shouldn’t matter what OS you are running. The e-mails that I’ve gotten have all been from the RAGBRAI site informing me that I’ve gotten a PM, not from the spammers themselves.

If the spam is coming through PM. Then the spam attack is on the RAGBRAI server. Your machines OS has no effect on this. Unless you open an email that is a Trojan horse. But if the spam, virus, spyware, etc is coming directly to you. Then what OS you use makes a big difference. The inherent security and stability of Linux stops this junk. Then if you add a stable and secure client like Thunderbird. Turn on the filtering. Then you will stop this crap dead in its tracks. I’ve been a Linux convert for over 2 years. Not one problem with the OS. The computer always runs fast. No junk and no virus. Not to mention free upgrades and free software.

“Bicycle Bill”, January 2, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Michrider said:

Zinger, that’s what I’m getting too!

Me three.
And I’m running Windows 7 with a Firefox browser and Kaspersky antivirus/internet security software.

-“BB”-

Amanda, January 2, 2012 at 5:42 pm

spammers are of the devil . . . just sayin’. AND I bet they ride bandit.

jwsknk, January 2, 2012 at 7:01 pm

The jerks just keep coming, partythe, rleyange, choachreplica,and lvreplica.

sestrain, January 2, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Hmmm, I feel left out.  I haven’t received any.

Of course, now I’ve jinxed myself.

Michrider !!!, January 3, 2012 at 6:27 am

Amanda said: spammers are of the devil . . . just sayin’. AND I bet they ride bandit.

Bandits?  Where?????

jwsknk, January 3, 2012 at 8:02 am

gee, it’s been 8 hours since promprom, dresspink, ardtlong, mensoluboutin, costumecostume and ysherfiedvicke have sent PM’s. maybe staff will be in today to delete all the forementioned people.

Chirpy, January 3, 2012 at 8:39 am

A few more to be dealt with by the “powers that be”…

<FONT face=Calibri>Necklacestiffan, ysherfieldvicke, coachreplica, rleyange, dresseskids, partythe<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p></FONT>

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015