Join Us in July - Register Today!

spammers

Now they are sendind private messages. Shopcanada,sbergzaid,and bluetoothsmalle all in the last hour or so.11:00 cat 1/1/12

50 Replies

Satman, January 3, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Don’t reply in any way such as unsubscribing ~ all that does is verify that your e-mail is a good one;  it’ll then go on a filtered list which is sold to other spammers.  Your spam filter should have an area where you can type in the address so it automatically goes to a spam folder.  Worked for me;  I’ve seen about 50 come in from the RAGBRAI web site thru PM’s.
This is a job for RAGBRAI IT department.

knees36, January 3, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Satman said: Don’t reply in any way such as unsubscribing ~ all that does is verify that your e-mail is a good one;  it’ll then go on a filtered list which is sold to other spammers.  Your spam filter should have an area where you can type in the address so it automatically goes to a spam folder.  Worked for me;  I’ve seen about 50 come in from the RAGBRAI web site thru PM’s.This is a job for RAGBRAI IT department.

Ooops!!! A day late and a dollar short (figuratively speaking.) I “unsubscribed” thinking it would discourage them.  Still, I’ve recieved no additional stuff from them after the first two…maybe “Norton” is doing the trick.

Michrider !!!, January 3, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Satman said: Don’t reply in any way such as unsubscribing ~ all that does is verify that your e-mail is a good one;  it’ll then go on a filtered list which is sold to other spammers.  Your spam filter should have an area where you can type in the address so it automatically goes to a spam folder.  Worked for me;  I’ve seen about 50 come in from the RAGBRAI web site thru PM’s.This is a job for RAGBRAI IT department.

If we don’t delete (unsubscribe) the PM, they will fill up our PM folder and we won’t be able to get PM’s from real people on the fourm!!!! The PM folders do have a limit, just ask Helen!!!!

Michrider !!!, January 4, 2012 at 9:20 am

iceman said: I hit “unsubscribe” as well and obviously that is the wrong thing to do.  How do I stop all this garbage now?

I don’t usnderstand why “unsubscribe” is wrong?  The emails come from RAGBRAI, only the PM’s come from the low life’s!!!

Satman, January 4, 2012 at 11:12 am

MR ~ The ‘unsubscribe’ in the PM folder should be OK, as you say, it’s RAGBRAI.
If you open the e-mail and there is an ‘unsubscribe’ ~ That’s the bad one, don’t use it.  I’m not a big ‘PM-er’, and didn’t realize that’s how you ‘delete’ PM’s.
I had about (21) of the spam PM’s.  They seem to have stopped now.

jwsknk, January 4, 2012 at 3:45 pm

more scummsuckers, on line now, beadedndeade, dressesatin, aeirspoke, wildneremer, dresstop, and villerseth, go peddal your cheap as* knockoffs in h*ll

“Trumpet Chick” Alicia Rau, January 5, 2012 at 1:50 am

I am SO SICK of those spammers, I am getting spam slammed.  Ugh!

“Trumpet Chick” Alicia Rau, January 5, 2012 at 1:50 am

“unsubscribe” isn’t helping…any suggestions anyone?

“Bicycle Bill”, January 5, 2012 at 2:39 am

Alicia Rau aka Trumpet Chick said: “unsubscribe” isn’t helping…any suggestions anyone?

It’s working, Alicia, it’s just that these spammers have loaded up the board with a lot of fall-back identities.  The first ones that showed up on Monday have not shown up in my PMs since, but as soon as one gets used (and blocked) someone trots out a new one.

I don’t know what to do about them.  Crucifixion, drawing-and-quartering, smearing them with honey and staking them over an anthill, or something along that line comes to mind.

-“BB”-

Michrider !!!, January 5, 2012 at 7:46 am

If we don’t buy their JUNK, they should move on, Right??????

jwsknk, January 5, 2012 at 7:49 am

chiffonchiffon, parkascanada, golamatifany, watchsswiss, jacketsnorthface, storetiffany, landskevt, lengthcut, belstaffbuy. at one time last night 14 on here at once, looks like 5 noe. Maybe the DMR staff can finally do something now, afterall the caucuses are over. Someone let me know if they ever do, think it’s time to delet profile and lirk for awhile.

Michrider !!!, January 5, 2012 at 10:14 am

TJ and crew are on the job.  Now, we’ll see how much longer the spammers stick around!!!

Michrider !!!, January 5, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Since PM’s are gone, why are they still on line?

“Bicycle Bill”, January 5, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Michrider said: Since PM’s are gone, why are they still on line?

Because TJ apparently had just shut down the ability of anybody to send PMs.  In order to send PMs here they had to be registered members, just like the rest of us, and would remain so until TJ hunted them down and gave them the heave-hо.

-“BB”-

Michrider !!!, January 15, 2012 at 6:02 pm

The spammers can’t send PM’s.  So why are they still on the forum? There are 4 on line right now.   I guess I’m missing something!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters