The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Speaker or Radios for bikes

Hello All,
I am looking to find a kick ass loud stereo system for my bike.
I dont want to carry a trailer i just want something that blasts and connects to my ipod.  does anyone know how and where i can get one of these

thank you

4 Replies

SFC JKL 2, July 6, 2011 at 1:57 pm

cyclesounds.com

JJDUBS, July 6, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I bought the Cy-Fi Wireless Sports Speaker for iPod from sellout.woot for $30 and it has been the best $30 i have spent so far this year.  You can find them on Amazon for around $100.  As long as its not real windy, you will be able to get some pretty good sound for you and the people around you.  It comes with the bluetooth speaker, an ipod bluetooth adapter, and a little zip up binder.  I can fit my ipod, wallet, and cellphone in the binder.  I then stick that binder thingy in my back jersey pocket.  I had issues with the bluetooth thing wiggle out of the ipod, but fixed it with a hair-tie and making sure that the ipod was upside down.  I rode a metric century last weekend and the battery lasted the whole time.    

JJDUBS, July 6, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Also, if you are not worried about the money with the Cy-Fi speaker, you can connect two to your ipod bluetooth adapter.  That might kick up the sound a little bit for you.

Jimmy, April 16, 2014 at 3:02 pm

If you’re looking for a bike speaker thats loud enough to be heard over wind, other bikers, etc, check out http://www.bikebeatz.com. Theyre handmade in Chicago and attach to a rear pannier rack.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014