RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Special emphasis days.

I read somewhere that on one of the ride days everyone is ask to wear their favorite schools jersey. Which day will that be? Are there any other special emphasis days?

25 Replies

reddog1, April 12, 2012 at 12:23 pm

RED WHITE and BLUE day is Wed.
Been going on since 2002.. Some seem to have forgotten but our team has not.

GetAClue Blue, April 12, 2012 at 12:29 pm

reddog1: RED WHITE and BLUE day is Wed.Been going on since 2002.. Some seem to have forgotten but our team has not.

Thanks, Reddog1. I’ll pick up a jersey as I think the one I have that is R,W,Bl is faded.

Michrider !!!, April 12, 2012 at 12:40 pm

getaclueblue: Thanks, Reddog1. I’ll pick up a jersey as I think the one I have that is R,W,Bl is faded.

Don’t forget “Wear Pink Day”!!!!!

jwsknk, April 12, 2012 at 12:42 pm

lots of groups have thei own special days and thems, think we have “formal day” sometime during the week, first and last day team jersey ( used to be t-shirt)day. Some teams order different jerseys so often they have a different one each day.

GetAClue Blue, April 12, 2012 at 1:38 pm

jwsknk: lots of groups have thei own special days and thems, think we have “formal day” sometime during the week, first and last day team jersey ( used to be t-shirt)day. Some teams order different jerseys so often they have a different one each day.

This is my first year so just gathering info. I’m chartering with PBV. Don’t know if they would be considered a team and if they have any special days or not. I have allot of easy to see type jerseys with no emphasis on them. Probably just change into a clean one of them each day that isn’t a special day.

Michrider !!!, April 12, 2012 at 1:45 pm

getaclueblue: This is my first year so just gathering info. I’m chartering with PBV. Don’t know if they would be considered a team and if they have any special days or not. I have allot of easy to see type jerseys with no emphasis on them. Probably just change into a clean one of them each day that isn’t a special day.

You made the right decision with PBV! PBV is not considered a team but they do offer (for sale) a few nice jerseys/shirts! The jerseys I wear are meant to be conversation starters. I don’t wear any of my RAGBRAI jerseys on the ride. I figure nobody is gonna ride up ans say “Hey, I see you’ve ridden RAGBRAI”, LOL!!!!!

GetAClue Blue, April 12, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Michrider: Don’t forget “Wear Pink Day”!!!!!

Actually Michrider, your comment got me to thinking. In this area we have some time set apart for breast cancer awareness. The umpires wear the brightest pink umpire shirts you’ve ever seen. They have to purchase them just for those games. I’ve seen the players wearing pink uniform shirts and even the bases were painted pink during one game. All to bring awareness to breast cancer. If I knew most of the people in the ride were going to wear a pink jersey, i would do it also. You’ve been in it a long time. Who can you call and get the word out that one day will be breast cancer awareness emphasis day?

GetAClue Blue, April 12, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Michrider !!!, April 12, 2012 at 2:06 pm

getaclueblue: Actually Michrider, your comment got me to thinking. In this area we have some time set apart for breast cancer awareness. The umpires wear the brightest pink umpire shirts you’ve ever seen. They have to purchase them just for those games. I’ve seen the players wearing pink uniform shirts and even the bases were painted pink during one game. All to bring awareness to breast cancer. If I knew most of the people in the ride were going to wear a pink jersey, i would do it also. You’ve been in it a long time. Who can you call and get the word out that one day will be breast cancer awareness emphasis day?

I might mear a small pink ribbon but I will NOT be wearing a pink jersey!!!

Paul, April 12, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Sunday is Clean outfit day.
The other days…. not so much

Michrider !!!, April 13, 2012 at 4:58 am

Paul:
Sunday is Clean outfit day.
The other days…. not so much

GetAClue Blue, April 13, 2012 at 6:10 am

Ok, so at this point we have, “Clean outfit day”(I already knew of this one), possibly red, white, & blue day on wednesday and then Lake Superior State University day sometime during the ride if I can find a jersey from that school were my daughter graduated.

rmorr, April 13, 2012 at 6:22 am

Getaclue are you aware of the Tour de Pink ride in September just up the road at Prairie View A & M? It’s a really well planned century and although I’m not familiar with them there are several shorter distance rides. I didn’t know about the “pink day” but I’ll break out one of these jerseys for that one. College day is a problem for me. I can’t find one for my alma mater, North Texas, although they do have a cycling club. Instead I’ll be representing my son’s school and the reigning Heismann and Women’s National Champs Baylor Bears. Sic ’em!!

Michael Knapp, April 13, 2012 at 7:28 am

Pink Day! Team Flamingo always wears neon pink jerseys when we ride! Most of men also dye their beards pink and women dye their hair. While we support breast cancer awareness and fit right in for that day, we wear pink because we like to stand out in the crowd (on one leg of course) on RAGBRAI.

Michrider !!!, April 13, 2012 at 7:30 am

BigBird:
Pink Day!Team Flamingo always wears neon pink jerseys when we ride!Most of men also dye their beards pink and women dye their hair.While we support breast cancer awareness and fit right in for that day, we wear pink because we like to stand out in the crowd (on one leg of course) on RAGBRAI.

BigBird, you stand out in the crowd????? Amazing!!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI