Starting a 100% Sober Team

Hi All,

I am looking for interest in a team that is 100% sober and wants to enjoy all of what RAGBRAI has to offer. I am in the early stages of creating a team for RAGBRAI 2019. I am looking for riders and support staff to build the team.

Anyone interested please email me at n_purdy@yahoo.com

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Nate Purdy

5 Replies

Papa T, August 28, 2018 at 10:24 am

I am a newly sober (2.5 years) ragbrai rider. where are you from? I live in Vernon Hills, IL. Since it took 3 weeks to get a reply, maybe your idea is not immediately popular. there are AA meetings on the ride so you aren’t alone. It would be interesting to know who organizes the
aa meetings. that would probably be a good start.

KenH, August 28, 2018 at 4:21 pm

It seems like there was an AA discussion or two last spring so I would imagine there would be interest in the idea. This is just the wrong time of the RAGBRAI year to get anything going however. The hordes have deserted this forum leaving only us diehards to carry it on until interest resumes next spring. Don’t give up, if you can’t get any interest now try again in the spring.

wildbill3, May 28, 2019 at 6:37 pm

I’m in recovery also and in every overnight town usually at the city hall is an AA meeting. That being said I have a team out of Cherokee IA but not all members are sober. We would have room if your willing.

Niels Lundsgaard, May 31, 2019 at 4:44 am

I’m interested and will support as needed. Will do a meeting every day if possible. I’m an old timer much as I hate to admit it. How should we find each other other than this forum? Share phone #s somehow and set up a group text?

Jim Brummel, June 8, 2019 at 10:38 am

It is a good idea hope it takes hold. I’ll follow the thread! Til then keep the rubber on the road and keep trudgin’!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI