Sunday's Route

I believe my most difficult day will be Sunday. A mile of silence, really??? I’m not sure I will be able to ride an entire mile in silence!!! What do you think?

BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care!!!

8 Replies

Michrider !!!, March 5, 2017 at 8:55 am

I believe Sunday may find me making an AM stop at Norman’s place for a cocktail!!!!

This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Michrider !!!.

Sandaltan ., March 5, 2017 at 9:30 am

I hope the Alton Volunteer Fired Department greetS us with their eggs and sausage breakfast again. That was a great breakfast the last time we passed through Alton. And………if Amanda’s Norman were to be there I would gladly give him a scratch behind the ear and rub his belly for luck.

RIDE RIGHT

Amanda, March 5, 2017 at 10:23 am

They did it last year and it was really cool. All you could hear was the occasional shifting pedalling sounds. A good time to pause and think about any loved ones, friends or strangers who have lost their lives by pursuing their biking passions.And to be thankful you are healthy and are able to be on RAGBRAI. If I can be silent for a minute, you can to Michrider!

Amanda, March 5, 2017 at 10:34 am

I don’t know if the fire department will do breakfast. Most bikers want to get a few more miles in before breakfast. So they are thinking no at this point. If it changes I will let you know.

Michrider !!!, March 5, 2017 at 2:33 pm

Amanda: They did it last year and it was really cool. All you could hear was the occasional shifting pedalling sounds. A good time to pause and think about any loved ones, friends or strangers who have lost their lives by pursuing their biking passions.And to be thankful you are healthy and are able to be on RAGBRAI. If I can be silent for a minute, you can to Michrider!

One minute, is that all??? I just might be able to keep my mouth shut for one minute, maybe!!!!

BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care!!!!

KenH, March 5, 2017 at 3:08 pm

It’s a mile, not a minute. Amanda is apparently a rocket as well as a princess!

Amanda, March 5, 2017 at 4:20 pm

Haha! I am not a rocket. Yes it is a mile not a minute!?

GORDON BROWN, March 6, 2017 at 6:20 am

I found it very respectful and a great time to consider the blessing of being able to live the dream of the founders. A lot of people that have rode those roads in the past are not riding today… consider them at that time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015