RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

Surprise in Colorado!

I just did a metric century ride here in Grand Jct., Co. I set down to have lunch after the ride and the lady across the table had a Ragbrai jersey on, The gentleman next to her looked familiar……. I started talking to her and ask if she was going to Ragbrai this year and she said yes. Hse told me here husband co-found Ragbrai……I did a doublr take….. the gentleman was Donald Kraul she said. They now reside in Summit county colorado. was a good chat.

4 Replies

rjjensenia, May 6, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Thats Cool!!!!!

I wonder if Donald Kaul has a second home in Summit county. I know he still writes for Otherword see link below… The bio for him has him living in Ann Arbor, but that could be out of date or perhaps as I said he has a second home in Summit County

http://www.otherwords.org/about/contributors/1184

2G, May 7, 2012 at 8:24 am

Was it possibably John Karras instead? He and his wife live in Summit County, Colorado.

jwsknk, May 7, 2012 at 9:56 am

I would be really surprised it it was Kaul, After RAGBRAI X he was done with it. I didn’t think he ever came back for another, plus I thought he moved to the Washington DC area when he left the Register, could be Ann Arbor now. Karras does live in Colorado and plans on coming bcak again this year to ride.

Sandaltan ., May 7, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I think you met John Karras. Was he tall, thin, about six feet tall? Seems to me Kaul is about 5′ 9″ and I don’t think he has been on a bike in decades.

RIDE RIGHT

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters