RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Tandem Owner

Need to borrow your tandem for few minutes in Waukon and Lansing. See my post earlier today about Oscar and me from 1987 RAGBRAI. Can you help?
Reply back or you can email me at harturo312@bellsouth.net

Thanks!

Art Hoffman

2 Replies

Rodcrosgrove, May 28, 2017 at 5:56 pm

I don’t see the question.

ART HOFFMAN, May 29, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Thanks for your post. Here is my original post which gives a bit more information about my idea concerning this year’s RAGBRAI. As you can see I was last there 30 years ago. The logistics don’t allow me to bring my tandem this year but I will have Oscar the skeleton. According to the Des Moines Register on July 22, 1987 I was the “individual rider causing the biggest stir in communities along the way” during RAGBRAI XV. It would be great if I could persuade some tandem owner to allow me to borrow their bike for a short time in either Waukon or Lansing at the end of the day just to show what it was like 30 years ago. Basically I need someone who 1) generally supports my health promotion message 2) has a rear seat post that can accommodate the 3/4 inch pole that is how Oscar is attached to the bike and 3) wants to be part of the fun of reliving this whole experience. Maybe you are that guy – if not, please pass this note along to any other tandem riders you may know who are on this year’s RAGBRAI. Many thanks and don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

Art

Fellow RAGBRAI riders: My one and only RAGBRAI was 30 years ago in 1987. If any of you were on that ride you may recall me and Oscar the skeleton on our tandem. I am returning this July for a 30 year reunion. The record I set then of 437 miles was broken 5 years ago by a man in England who did almost 900 miles. Hard to believe. Right now I am reaching out to anyone who might have a tandem available to borrow for a few minutes at the end of Day 6 (Waukon) and Day 7 (Lansing). What this all looks like can be found in a video I did – posted on You Tube.
It’s called “World Record Bike Ride 2.0” Here is a direct link which might work to get you there more quickly. Anyone out there part of the RABRAI ride in 1987? Would love to talk with you! Art Hoffman

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI