RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

TANDEMS

OK, I finally did it, I bought a tandem today!  It’s a 2004 Santana Soverign SE (used).  When we finally get a flat year (much flatter than this year), I just might bring Beverly along on RAGBRAI.  However, when I do, you all have to promise not to make up stories (couldn’t be any true stories) about me misbehaving in Iowa, LOL!!!!!!

7 Replies

Hills-Angel 1, October 6, 2011 at 4:51 am

MIch
 I had the same prob this year. First year I tryed the TANDEM it was a blast but had to head storys off at the pass when around friends :)

Sandaltan ., October 6, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Mich, maybe you should casually bring up the family secret of MachRider, your long-lost-twin brother.  Just drop the hint to Beverly at that upcoming Holloween ride.  I will back you up from the nearest curb.

RIDE RIGHT

Michrider !!!, October 6, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Sandaltan said: Mich, maybe you should casually bring up the family secret of MachRider, your long-lost-twin brother.  Just drop the hint to Beverly at that upcoming Holloween ride.  I will back you up from the nearest curb.

RIDE RIGHT

Great idea ST, just like when I was a kid, blame my little brother!!!!!!

KittySlayer, October 19, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Michrider said: OK, I finally did it, I bought a tandem today!  It’s a 2004 Santana Soverign SE (used).  When we finally get a flat year (much flatter than this year)…

We ride a 2000 Soveriegn and it is a great bike. Is there some reason your tandem won’t climb? Ours climbs just fine. Rode Hilly 100 this weekend and only had a couple riders pass us on climbs. Best one was some guy who passed us early on a long climb thinking tandems cant climb only to find himself walking the rest of the hill later as we passed him.

Michrider !!!, October 20, 2011 at 8:03 am

KittySlayer said:

Michrider said: OK, I finally did it, I bought a tandem today!  It’s a 2004 Santana Soverign SE (used).  When we finally get a flat year (much flatter than this year)…

We ride a 2000 Soveriegn and it is a great bike. Is there some reason your tandem won’t climb? Ours climbs just fine. Rode Hilly 100 this weekend and only had a couple riders pass us on climbs. Best one was some guy who passed us early on a long climb thinking tandems cant climb only to find himself walking the rest of the hill later as we passed him.

There is one small reason the tandem won’t climb and she’s on the back!!!!

“Bicycle Bill”, October 20, 2011 at 8:57 am

Michrider said: There is one small reason the tandem won’t climb and she’s on the back!!!!

Talking like that’s gonna get you into a WORLD of hurt!!!  I can see it now:

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here together this day to mourn our longtime companion and curbsitter……”

-“BB”-

jwsknk, October 20, 2011 at 10:25 am

maybe that is some kind of Kain-tuck motivational talk, She’s gonna kill me if she catches me, gotta work harder. get away. h@ll n’ damnation, she’s still on my tail.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters