Team Air Force

I have a few pictures from July 27 – where Team Air Force bailed me out 3X
was wondering if there was an email address I could send these pictures to to identify the most helpful riders

thanks so much!

12 Replies

Sandaltan ., August 8, 2017 at 8:45 pm

https://www.facebook.com/afcycling/
Maybe post to their Facebook account. They really appreciate the feedback.

RIDE RIGHT

Aaron Norgrant, August 13, 2017 at 6:45 pm

I am active duty Air Force and rode RAGBRAI this here and know quite a few of the AF team members. If you want to send them to me I can get them to the team here and they may be able to send them off.

Aaron

Rex McClure, December 10, 2017 at 12:05 am

My son is in the Air Force and is interested in riding with the Air Force. What does he need to do? This will be my first time at RAGBRAI

Aaron Norgrant, December 10, 2017 at 1:28 pm

Rex,

What is his name and where is he stationed? If i get that info i can shoot him an email and have a better idea if the base he is stationed at has a team.

Aaron

Ragbrai Nation, March 21, 2018 at 2:11 pm

If need-be, he (you) can just show up for the ride, stop by the Ragbrai Information Booth and they will be happy to direct/map you to where Team Air Force is stationed at each overnight town. Have a great first Ragbrai!

Bruce Woodrow, March 21, 2018 at 10:33 pm

The Air Force Cycling Team provides an invaluable service on RAGBRAI. Thankfully, I had no breakdowns so did not need their help. As a former Canadian Air Force brat I did chat with a few of them; they were all interesting and friendly folks.

Many thanks to them.

This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Bruce Woodrow. Reason: Typo

Rex McClure, March 21, 2018 at 10:58 pm

My son is stationed in Cheyenne Wy and was just approved to be on the support team this year. He is planning on riding next year

Steve Reed, March 22, 2018 at 11:42 am

My 10 year old grandson was riding with me one day on the 2016 Ragbrai going into Muscatine when a member of the Air Force Team pulled up next to him and gave him a Air Force wristband. You would have thought that thing was made of gold. I think he wore it until it rotted off his arm. He spent the rest of the summer telling everyone he was going to join the Air Force. Thanks for all you guys do. You sure made a positive impression on a 10 year old boy!

mcdermott1, March 22, 2018 at 9:29 pm

The airforce bike team members are fantastic, angels on wheels earning their wings ! I did not have to use their help personally, however, I did see them help tons of riders along the route. Several times when I had stopped to rest they asked if everything was ok as they rode by making sure I was ok . I have the utmost respect for those riders…..they appeared to be very experienced riders to boot .They are a great service to Ragbrai !! God bless them and thank you on behalf of all the riders they have helped over the years .

montestaples, March 26, 2018 at 12:51 pm

As others have noted above, the Air Force Team is not only on RAGBRAI to ride and have fun. They are there to serve. A few years ago I witnessed the Air Force Team arriving at the dip site en masse. There were about 100 on the team that year. It was a very moving, patriotic experience that I will never forget.

Roy Trent, April 14, 2018 at 7:07 pm

Unfortunately, my wife had to use their services last year. They were tremendous and spent a huge amount of time helping her get her chain fixed well enough to get her to the end of the day where we cold get some permanent repairs.
Our son is at Iowa State in Air Force ROTC and it made us very proud to be associated with such a great group of men and women.

Joe Chavis, May 13, 2018 at 5:38 pm

This is from an old Jarhead. Air Force You guys ROCK!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015