Team Brewhaha has some has strays

Team Brewhaha, longtime publisher of the bar guide each year will not be publishing a guide this year. In fact, due to circumstances of the past year, our bus will not be rolling. We have 5-10 riders who ideally are looking for a team(s) to adopt us so we can stay together. We are easy going, back of the pack riders. We are all in our 50-60s and don’t ride fast, but are all competent, fun, and easy to get along with. Let is know if you have any openings or ideas.

7 Replies

Wendy Fedler, May 28, 2021 at 8:39 am

Team Kamikaze will likely have some room. Have them email teamkamikazeiowa@gmail.com.

Wendy Fedler, May 28, 2021 at 9:52 am

Before folks reach out to Team Kamikaze, I should inform you of how we operate because it might not be for everyone. We consider ourselves a “drinking team with a biking problem.” We work hard, but we play harder.

On the Saturday before (which we call “Day Zero”), we depart from the Des Moines area in late morning and make a slow (but very fun) bar crawl journey out West, stopping in small towns along the way, including Marne (if you know, you know) and may not get to the beginning town in time to participate in the Expo.

We do not leave super early in the morning and then rush through the route. We enjoy the experience. Our bus stays at the middle-town until all of our riders have made it through, so it may not get to each overnight until mid-late afternoon. If you are the type of person who gets to the overnight town by early afternoon and expects your items to be there waiting for you, we may not be the best fit for you.

Importantly: our team does not ride the final day. On the final morning of RAGBRAI, we pack up, go somewhere for a nice breakfast, and “bar crawl” back to the Des Moines area. A few of our teammates do participate in the last day, but they find their own transportation back to the start.

Most importantly, we are more than a team. We are a family. If you are cool with all of the above, reach out! We would love to have you join our family.

Wendy Fedler, May 28, 2021 at 10:01 am

One more thing I forgot to add: our motto is “60% of the time, we ride all the time.”  Most of us don’t ride every mile.  Of course we encourage those who do wish to ride all of the miles, but we appreciate those who do not judge us for sagging on occasion.  We’re all about the journey, not the pressure.

Wonder Woman, May 28, 2021 at 11:30 am

Hmmm. Brewhaha has “Ride Hard, Party Harder” printed right on our jerseys. And in our description on our Facebook page it says ” we are a cycling club with a drinking problem, or maybe the other way around”. We will get in touch.

Wendy Fedler, May 28, 2021 at 12:30 pm

It sounds like a match made in beer heaven!

Rich Knopman, May 29, 2021 at 2:44 pm

Hi Wendy. I’m a single, on my second RAGBRAI and your team description fits my personal goals and my experience in the 2019 ride. If you’re not full up from the Brewhaha riders, I’d be interested in joining your team. I’ll follow up with an email.

Thanks!

Jeff Eckel, June 2, 2021 at 2:46 pm

That’s too bad! Team Brewhaha filled a vital community service and will be missed this year.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI