The Great Iowa Fall Ride registration is open!

Team looking for some riders (4 or 5 more not necessarily from the same area)

We are a team out of Salt Lake City. I rent an RV and a core of about 5 riders drive to Omaha to pick up the rest of our crew. They come from other states (Western IL, Southern MN, Mid MO, etc…).

I describe us as aging rock stars between the ages of 45 and 55 yrs. young. We are all different riding levels, styles and morning leave times. We do party but still in control and highly recommend nobody under 18 yrs old. (adult language is used). We are laid back team and maybe pick one day (short day) to ride together (not required).

I am also willing to pick up riders along I-80 (no large detours) on our way to the start town (via Omaha). If you live near any town along the way, we can arrange a pick up east and drop off back west.

The cost is $600.00 for the whole week and includes all food and beverages (non and adult) inside RV (not on road). You will probably tent if we do not find overnight housing.

If you are interested, Private Message me with any questions and I can provide my e-mail (I hunt and peck so it takes a long time for me to type) and cell number (texting is easier; also can send quick text to tell me you sent a longer e-mail, this is much more effective).

Ride On–
Utahslacker

7 Replies

Cathy Braun, June 26, 2017 at 10:09 am

Hi Utahslacker- I am from Minneapolis…..and I love the sound of “Utahslacker”:) I may fit in well to your group. I am a few years past 55 but can keep up with the best of them:). May I ask how many people you currently have on your team? I am a newbie to the Ragbrai – both excited and nervous. I consider myself to be a middle of the road biker……I am only beginning to calculate the logistics of my ride…….and now feeling the crunch…….

UtahSlacker, June 26, 2017 at 10:49 am

Cathy,
I just sent you a Private Message. Check it and call me.

Utahslacker

Stephen Brown, February 7, 2018 at 2:03 pm

Hey Utahslacker,
Turning 45 this year – may be a good fit. First time RAGBRAI and looking for a team.
Do you still have openings?
SB

Bob Kidd, February 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm

Utah were you the one that lost the Cubs hat? Any luck finding it?

UtahSlacker, February 8, 2018 at 12:43 pm

Stephan, yes we do. Always looking for new riders. A slight update on profile: we are a slow group, although we ride fast. Some of us party late, sleep late, ride later (sometime well into the evening; bring lights if you want to hang with some of us). Some of us hang out in the pass through town longer. Just remember it’s like herding cats; large groups make and move slower and it could get frustrating for morw of a type-A personality.

Utah slacker

UtahSlacker, February 8, 2018 at 12:45 pm

Bob, yes that was/is me who lost the Cubbies hat. And no, unfortunately no luck getting it back. Lesson learned.

Thanks for inquiringn
Utahslacker

Michael McCormack, March 9, 2018 at 10:40 am

count me in for two people……
experienced riders, ( 9 total ragbrais),
did the RV things two yrs ago and worked great…. mid 50’s
advanced riders. like to leave around 8-9am or later
no drama with us riders, go with the flow and have run
email me privately or thru this link
aks for MIKE
309-696-4453
cocapede40@yahoo.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI