Join Us in July - Register Today!

Tent Fan Rec

Anybody have a strong preference?  5″ or 10″?  O2 Cool or Coleman or something else?  How long do the batteries last in real life?  Thanks for the input.

13 Replies

jwsknk, April 5, 2011 at 7:52 am

the 5 in coleman has been enough for me on the few nights I’ve used it.

KittySlayer, April 5, 2011 at 7:57 am

My wife does not want to rely on batteries for her comfort so she simply has me fan her to keep her cool while she slumbers.

tjdale, April 5, 2011 at 7:57 am

The O2 Cool are basically flat and will fit in Tupperware or similar.  The Coleman are more difficult to protect in transport.
I have used both but not really sure a fan is needed.  Stopped bringing mine.

rfattic, April 5, 2011 at 9:19 am

The O2 is $6.00 at Walmart and works great that is the one i use.

Zinger, April 5, 2011 at 9:30 am

I have an O2. One set of batteries typically gets me through the whole week.  I hate being too warm when I sleep, so for me a fan is a necessity.

helenheart, April 5, 2011 at 9:39 am

Where’s Tony ? He recommended a fan from Walmart last year, which I bought and loved. The batteries lasted all week and it felt great at night. I hadn’t used one the year before, but it sure is a nice luxury.

OK – edit – I can do this without Tony! (sorry Big Boy! xo)
Here it is…slightly updated this year
http://www.coolfansonline.com/servlet/the-30/Portable-10%22-Battery-Powered/Detail

helenheart, April 5, 2011 at 9:40 am

Kitty Slayer – I want me one of those – do you have a brother?

Tony, April 5, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I have both O2 Cool and Coleman. The Coleman fans are junk. Including the fancy ceiling fan version with lights. The O2 Cool are high air volume battery powered fans. I use 2 5″ fans to circulate air in the tent. One set of batteries last all week. The O2 Cool fans also pack flat. I pack them in Lock n Lock containers. O2 Cool fans are sold online, Walmart, Walgreens, and Hy Vee. sometimes they are sold as seasonal products. The small 5″ 2 battery fan sell for 10 bucks.

Sandaltan ., April 5, 2011 at 7:03 pm

KittySlayer trumps batteries every time.

RIDE RIGHT

KittySlayer, April 6, 2011 at 6:33 am

helenheart said: Kitty Slayer – I want me one of those – do you have a brother?

No brother, but we will likely be riding our tandem. So spending an entire week 3 feet apart pretty much guarantees I will do something to make my wife temporarily mad. So long as I can sneak the fan out of the tent you may get me to provide your breeze for one evening.

helenheart, April 6, 2011 at 5:25 pm

KittySlayer said:

helenheart said: Kitty Slayer – I want me one of those – do you have a brother?

No brother, but we will likely be riding our tandem. So spending an entire week 3 feet apart pretty much guarantees I will do something to make my wife temporarily mad. So long as I can sneak the fan out of the tent you may get me to provide your breeze for one evening.

Nice!!!  P*ss wifey off, then come over to my crib – are you trying to get me kilt ???

KittySlayer, April 7, 2011 at 7:52 am

helenheart said:

Nice!!!  P*ss wifey off, then come over to my crib – are you trying to get me kilt ???

I see you are still struggling with spell check.

While the PO’ed wife would have no problem with me coming over to your CURB I think a visit to your Crib would be innappropriate. And while I will be wearing a KILT if I were to visit your Crib I would probably be Killed.

helenheart, April 7, 2011 at 7:53 pm

You and Knots will get along famously!
Maybe wifey will give you Get out of Jail Alive points for being
witty, clever and funny? Or maybe not.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters