Tent sharing

Hey there! I’m planning to do my first Ragbrai this year. Planning to book my transportation/accommodation with Pork Belly ventures who seem to be a pretty popular choice. if anyone else would like to join in my tent and split the cost, let me know!!
Edit: I’m 34 M 🙂

5 Replies

Biru Dash, February 9, 2021 at 6:58 am

I will be using the tent rental service. They set it up/take it down each day and move your bags for you. Much easier time of it than having to find a spot and put up your own tent each day. This way it’s easier to enjoy Ragbrai and worry less about transportation/accomodation. Let me know!

mootsman, February 9, 2021 at 9:00 am

The tents can be a bit small for 2 people and their luggage (9×7 last I did RAGBRAI in 17). I used this service in the past and its great. It eliminates the daily chores and gives you more time for fun. And the in-camp bands and beer, also great. You might want to consider signing up for all their daily dinners also. You get 3 with PBV as a default but can sign up for 3 optional ones also.

Biru Dash, February 9, 2021 at 9:22 am

Thanks for the tip!

mootsman, February 9, 2021 at 9:47 am

The in camp dinners save the hassle of a restaurant or long lines at food vendors. PBV gets you through their dinner line quickly. I just waited for the line to go down while sitting in their beer tent. They have a choice of two craft beers in camp or lemonade for free. Or $1 for a can of cold soda or a Gatorade. That tent service also saves the hassle of a daily search for your baggage. That’s the worst part of going without the tent service.

bmyoungberg, February 9, 2021 at 3:15 pm

The free truck is very easy. Not that much work and save the $. Taking down a tent in morning and packing takes a few minutes then you walk it to truck (not far). Then get it at truck in afternoon and pick a spot (not far at all) and take a few minutes to put it up. Showers nearby. I use a simple 2-person tent with my stuff on one side and I sleep on the other. Meet different folks each day around you too. Don’t feel you have to pay someone to put up and take down a tent for you.

This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by bmyoungberg.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015