PART OF THE USA TODAY NETWORK

Texas or Louisiana Teams riding RAGBRAI 2014 – I need a team

Hello All,

Are there any Texas or Louisiana teams looking for a new member for RAGBRAI 2014? I’m in the Houston area.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

3 Replies

mootsman, February 25, 2014 at 7:14 am

I wouldn’t limit a team choice to your area of the country. For people from a long distance away Iowa based teams can be an even better choice. Lots of advantages:

1) No long drive in a slow bus that stops more often for longer periods of time.
2) Free parking usually where the team stages in Iowa.
3) No special bike boxing (unless flying) like charters require.
4) Those converted school buses can be less reliable. The shorter the distance they travel the better. Some teams actually use charter buses or rented vans though.

Check back on this forum starting in April. Lots of teams start postings looking to fill spots then.

Iceman, February 26, 2014 at 9:07 am

If you are using one of the larger outfitters – like PBV or Brancel – they might tell you if someone from your area is also using them. More likely they would put your name as a classified ad on their periodic email communications to their customers. I’ve seen PBV do that. Not to belabor the point that Michrider makes over and over and over, that’s one of the really good things about PBV. If you go up to Iowa as a single rider, just one night of hanging around the circus tent on “day zero” prior to the ride and you can join up with some other riders. Happens every year. I ride – not necessarily at RAGBRAI – with at least a dozen folks from different states that do week long rides every year and we met at RAGBRAI years ago.

Michrider !!!, February 26, 2014 at 9:14 am

iceman: Not to belabor the point that Michrider makes over and over and over, that’s one of the really good things about PBV.

Yeah, and all over again, LOL!!!!!

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLII – 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014