RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

Thanks for fixing my flat…..

I was roughly 14 miles from entering D-port on Saturday and my front tire went flat, again, and I didn’t think I was going to be able to finish biking into D-port. But, a nice gentleman stopped and asked me if I was sagging or did I need help and I told him of my problem. He fixed my flat while we exchanged biking stories and he refused to take anything for fixing it. I was thrilled that I’d be able to finish my Ragbrai trek. I didn’t get his name and all I know about him is, otherthan he is very nice, he used to live in Texas but now lives in Storm Lake, IA and he lost his wallet a few days before I met him on Saturday’s ride. If you’re this very nice gentleman, please accept my deepest thanks again and because of your help, I did make it to D-port without any more problems……

1 Reply

Jakesmom, August 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I had a similar experience.  I had a flat just outside of Baxter and, not being prepared for that
scenario, thought I was going to have end our day early.  Within a minute, 6 people stopped to help us. 
They didn’t all know each other, but they worked together to get us back
on the road.  They wouldn’t accept money and, seeing that I was a little discouraged, assured me that this was no bother.  Just a few of the very nice people we met on Day 5.  Many thanks to them too!

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters