PART OF THE USA TODAY NETWORK

the Logo has landed

full page spread in the Des Moines Register 10/20. IOWA in stars above the logo XLVI RAGBRAI, a bald eagle head with wings made from bike chains holding an Iowa banner. Then the ad says Introducing the RAGBRAI XLVI logo. The Eagle has landed. so take whatever clues you can get from that.

18 Replies

George A, October 23, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Maybe I missed something but the video last year had many references of Mark Twain and I did not connect that to anything along the route. The paddle boat in Clear Lake did resemble the one on the video and logo though. So for me trying to guess what clues the logo, or video, are telling us is a crap shoot as best.

I vote for ending in Dubuque.

Amanda, November 29, 2017 at 7:04 am

I was rereading everything on this post. Someone mentioned the word space. I think I know where we are going to start now! My nickname in high school was space. And I grew up in Hawarden. And we haven’t started in Hawarden since 1998. Yep that’s our start town! With an overnight in Oskaloosa because that’s where I was born. Yes I’m pretty sure that RAGBRAI is all about me this year! LOL 😆

Bob Kidd, November 29, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Interesting nickname. We had a space at our high school but we added cadet to his. 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014