the ride!!

i am looking for a driver to drive my van while i ride. any body have any sugestions? i realize the roads are closed to cars, but when and how will they get to the next stay over town, and are there folks out there willing to drive solo for a single rider.

i am going to try and bring a driver with me, but it most likely wont happen , so i need a driver in the start twon wherever that will be. thanks

8 Replies

prince page, December 3, 2017 at 11:29 am

are there any shuttle services that wil take me to the start town from the end town?

Michrider !!!, December 3, 2017 at 1:06 pm

PP, yes, Charters offer this service for a fee. Check out the charters at: https://ragbrai.com/about/charter-services/

BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care!!!

Amanda, December 4, 2017 at 7:06 am

Since this is your first RAGBRAI, I think you might want to go with a charter. Or use RAGBRAI luggage Service. You can leave your car at the end town and catch a charter bus to the start town. RAGBRAI will transport your bags to each overnight town. That service is included in your wristband fee. It’s good to know how everything works before you try to do the support vehicle on your own. You would have to find a driver yourself. There isn’t a list of drivers available. One thing to think about, insurance. Will your insurance cover your car if someone else is driving?

Kevin D., December 7, 2017 at 12:55 am

Another vote for using the RAGBRAI luggage service. Less hassle on your part.

Anonymous, December 7, 2017 at 5:27 am

This guy is playing the users of this forum.

prince page started the topic the ride 2017 in the forum RAGBRAI XLV – 2017 a year ago
hey everybody, i hope all of ya’ll had good holidays.and this year i am going to ride Ragbrai.last year i was not sure, and could not make it, but this year , i will be there. fsu won there bowl game and i been ridd’in. ya’ll all know who i am. i am back. i really did want to ride that route last year. that southern route was suppose to have been…[Read more]

mootsman, December 7, 2017 at 7:52 am

As others have said a charter works and they also haul your bike from the end to the start. Having your own follow vehicle would require you to track down over-night hosts in each town which can be difficult unless you have contacts already in each town. And the drivers deal with some big traffic jams. Not at all fun for the driver.

Charters also have a campground area for you. Some optionally provide a tent along with setting it up and delivering your baggage to it. Very worth it as just finding your luggage each day using a charter if you use your own tent can be very time consuming. I’m not sure how many charters provide that tent service I just know PBV does.

If you want to use your own tent a RAGBRAI Team would be a better way to go as most are much smaller then charters although usually require you to pitch in with chores. Just watch this forum for teams looking to fill openings.

Ken Reed, December 7, 2017 at 8:20 am

Thangamalang, I believe you are correct. He did the same thing a couple years ago under a “fsu” type moniker if I’m not mistaken.

Michrider !!!, December 7, 2017 at 8:32 am

This guy is playing the users of this forum. Prince page started the topic the ride 2017 in the forum RAGBRAI XLV – 2017 a year ago.

Yes, you’re all correct! He is also the infamous FSU! However, he has not resorted to name calling or other mean behavior. He has been harmless so I don’t pay much attention to his previous behavior!

BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care!!!

This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Michrider !!!.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015