RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

theme song?

If you had a them song, for you or you team, what would it be?
Me/Team Skunk – Oooh, oooh that smell, can’t you smell that smell?
Bigbird – Big bird flyin’ cross the sky, leaving shadows on our mind…
I’ll let all the dogs fight this one out – Who let the dogs out?

35 Replies

Bad Bobby, April 17, 2012 at 8:12 am

My Bike (08 Lemond Tourmalet) Theme song is “Black Betty” since I named her Black Betty :)

My RAGBRAI theme song, would be this band that sings this song “Roll on RAGBRAI” (i don’t know the artist, but my dad heard them at a bar on his first RAGBRAI, it’s a great song!

Bad Bobby!

jwsknk, April 17, 2012 at 8:28 am

Patrick Hazel from Washington recorded “Roll on RAGBRAI” “Roll on roll on RAGBRAI, roll on down the line. O’er the hills of Iowa, havin’ a real good time” Someone needs to get him out again to play a gig. Maybe next year when we go south.

“Bicycle Bill”, April 17, 2012 at 9:36 am

I have a cassette that I picked up many years ago — I think it was 1988 or 1989 — in Shenandoah. Can’t lay my hands on the tape right now, but it was by some guy from around that area — Blanchard, maybe — who had a couple of bicycle-specific songs on it. One was entitled “Going on RAGBRAI” (which would make a good theme song for some team or another); another was a comical piece about how “I Lost My Wife to the Wabash Trace”. A third mentioned a local-origin radio show on KMA radio.

Anybody out there know who I’m talking about?

-“BB”-

Dint, April 17, 2012 at 10:00 am

Shoulder surgery has me sidelined this year but if I was riding this would be one of my theme songs. I think a song for each day would be appropriate. Slow Ride by Foghat(full version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcCNcgoyG_0&feature=related

brokenelbow, April 17, 2012 at 10:58 am

take your tounge out of my mouth, I am kissing you goodbye!

Michael Knapp, April 17, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I’m partial to Tom Waits or Leonard Cohen myself. Will have to consult with the team about a theme song that most represents the Flamingos. On the ride I prefer to listen to classical music. You know, Frank Zappa, Janis Joplin, Black Sabbath, Aretha Franklin.

Of course lately I’ve been adding bagpipe tunes. I find it helps keep space around me as other bikers either speed up to go around or drop back to get out of ear shot.

longrider42, April 17, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Ah yes, I have about four hours of bagpipe tunes on my mp3 player to date.

Michael Knapp, April 17, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I’ll keep my ears peeled for ye. I’d like to bring me pipes along to play at night (or wake the camp grounds up), but I think its more prudent to leave them home where its safe. I need to get a set of the resin Dunbars. That plastic is nearly indestructible and would work for RAGBRAI (and bars).

“Bicycle Bill”, April 17, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Why do bagpipe players march while piping?
They’re trying to get away from the noise too!

In music, what is the definition of “perfect pitch”?
That’s when you throw an accordion into a dumpster so that it lands directly on top of the bagpipes.

How many bagpipe jokes are there?
Three.  Everything else is the absolute truth.

-“BB”-

Michael Knapp, April 17, 2012 at 11:39 pm

What’s the difference between an onion and bagpipes?

Nobody cries when you chop up bagpipes.

Anonymous, April 21, 2012 at 11:56 am

As the whole world battles by having an epidemic that is proving difficult to handle and demonstrating signs of becoming a costly affair, our youngsters are obtaining caught within the cross campfire.Adult creation diabetes, fat reduction surgery and slimming medication just for children isn’t exactly exactly what parent had in your mind when planning for their progeny.

An post by Teenagers Health stresses some survey that shows that as much as 45% associated with U.S kids newly clinically determined to have diabetes possess Type step 2.One of the main creates is referring towards unhealthy weight in kids and adolescence.

Type 2 diabetes had been formally considered to occur particularly in older individuals hence its previous established name Personal Onset Diabetes, compared to Type 1 diabetes that was labelled as Juvenile Diabetes.

Diabetes is known as a disease whereby the body is not able to control carbohydrates accordingly.This leads to abnormal numbers of blood carbs.In Category 2, the body is not able to respond towards insulin, a hormone which regulates the volume of glucose with the blood river.The condition is generally known as insulin resistance.

Among adults it truly is an accompanying disease from obesity.80% in obese individuals endure Type 2 diabetes.Similar trends look like creeping in to children not to mention teens.And you could start to, children you live a comparable lifestyle for the reason that their father and mother.Infact overweight and obese children often are merely in loved ones were a minimum of one parent is overweight as well as obese; an additional strong indicator that obesty is known as a lifestyle trouble.

Claire L.Fresh, Director for the future of Children besides other Economic research projects programs work of Brookings Corporations, laments connected with “screen-addicted recess-and-P.AGE deprived, parent-chauffeured children” who definitely are living a lifestyle which can be “dangerous for their health” in an article referred to as Let’s find children shifting toward an important healthier future.

Statistics will not be only grim with the U.OHYDRATES.In Canada child obesity cases can also be on any increase.In 1978/79 just 3% of children 2-17 years were obese in line with Canada City Healthy Survey (CCHS).By means of 2004, this numbers experienced nearly tripled in order to 8%.The obese had doubled from 14% towards 29% for the reason that reported from the Daily.More or less everything is gained via lifestyles mainly diet not to mention exercises

With U.OKAY were the actual epidemic is actually raising, weight loss supplements and slimming surgery are now being suggested for the purpose of obese young people! The Nationwide Institute for Health and Clinical Tests (NICE) is normally reported with the BBC News as proposing surgeries designed for physiologically mature kids together with pills for that younger types.

NICE is usually an independent provider in London that creates national guidance on the promotion of good health and cures and treatment of in poor health health.It is just a membership consists of National Institute of Healthiness (NIH OUGHOUT.K), doctor and academicians.

Obesity is usually a multi-factorial condition that needs your attention a holistic and long-term methodology.It might be this observe organization similar to NICE whilst others of equivalent wide influence should really concentrate regarding for weight reduction management.Though at any given time matters are actually pressing, they will not lose sight belonging to the long-haul.The permanent slimming solution lays within the latter rather than the former.

Michrider !!!, April 21, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I went to see Barry Manilow lat night, so I’ll be ready with my Manilow medley on RAGBRAI!!!! No Batteries required!!!!!

jsm, April 21, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Mitch,

I saw Manilow 20 years ago or so, one of the best high energy audience interactions shows I have ever seen. Incredible the number of songs he has written, and ad jingles too, what a talent.

knees36, April 21, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Maybe a theme song for each day’s ride? On Day 1 we’ll all have a big smile on our face just thinking about the week ahead of us as we head out of Sioux Center or taste Amanda’s sweet rolls in Alton. How about this swing tune? You’ll probably recognize the female artist regardless of your age, but maybe not the male artist. Turn on your sound and listen to “”Powder Your Face With Sunshine” at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wkBarxjTCQ :-D

Bear59, April 22, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Isn’t there a country artist that has a song called “Red Plastic Cup”. It seems so fitting for parts of the ride.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI