Town shuttles – baggage

I’m having the standard Ragbrai sag for my bag each day. And it looks like they just have one drop off place each morning. Do the town shuttles run in the mornings or do I need to walk or ride my bag to the drop off point if I can’t find a camp spot in the main campground? Do the private companies set up in the main campground or do they usually set up in other places? Trying to avoid having to haul my bag a long way back and forth to the bag drop each day. Thanks!

4 Replies

Kelli Libby, July 18, 2019 at 1:30 pm

I have been on 12 RAGBRAI’s and have never heard of the shuttles running the morning after.
Happy RAGBRAI!

Denton Kernodle, July 18, 2019 at 1:34 pm

Oh, you don’t understand. The Simi truck that hauls bags is at the main camp ground, and there are plenty of tent spaces there. So, in the morning pack your bag, throw it on the truck and take off. When you get to the camp ground in the evening, your bag will be piled up with all of the others, just go through the pile and find your bag. Repeat the next morning. Have a great ride.

Joseph LeGrand, July 18, 2019 at 1:41 pm

Thanks for the quick responses. I was hoping that I’d be able to camp at the main camp, and hopefully that always works! Appreciate it. Looking forward to a great ride.

Jason Arends, July 18, 2019 at 1:59 pm

Hmmm, there’s a couple nights where I’m staying in housing, but I’m solo and using the RAGBRAI baggage trucks. They’re closer to some of the alternate campgrounds where there’s a shuttle stop, so I figured taking the shuttle from the truck to the campground and then walking. I didn’t consider that in the morning I’d have to haul my bag across town on my own back to the truck.

Guess I’ll have to plan ahead and make sure I can get it there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015