RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party set for Friday, January 28! Get your tickets

Transferring Passes

This will be my first year riding Ragbrai so excuse my ignorance, but I’ve found someone who is willing to sell me the week long pass for a very good price. The thing is I’m only actually riding from Tuesday or Wednesday on and I’m very confused about the transfer process. I realize its too late to transfer online and I’d rather not have to drive to Souix City just to transfer the pass into my name. Will I be able to transfer from one of the other towns along the way? is it even necessary to transfer the pass into my name? Any incite would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies

Anonymous, July 20, 2012 at 12:06 pm

You can transfer passes with a simple exchange of money between the seller and buyer and then inform a ragbrai official ..DMR already has the money from the initial purchase and a name change is a minor bookkeeping entry.
Kudos for riding legit and contributing to the cause.

gas gas, July 20, 2012 at 12:12 pm

RAGBRAI F A Q

A resold credential will not be valid unless it is officially transferred in the RAGBRAI office to the new owner before the event begins. This procedure not only transfers the wristband, but also the liability associated with it. To transfer a wristband, RAGBRAI must have the new owner’s entry and signed waiver of liability in our office before the ride starts. If we do not receive this transfer document and waiver, the wristband and the liability for it will remain in the original purchaser’s name. You can transfer online until July 18th. You will still need to send us your signed waiver. After July 1st, you can bring the transfer application and waiver and turn it in at the registration area of the expo prior to the start of the ride.

carlB, July 20, 2012 at 12:29 pm

So what this says is Logan is trying to do the right thing by transferring the wristband but RAGBRAI bureaucracy makes it so he has to drive to Sioux Center and do this before the start of the ride.

Logan, July 20, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Can I bring the transfer application to the Lake View stop, being that’s the day I will be starting? Again the only reason I’m considering doing this instead of the daily passes is because I’m able to buy the week long pass for cheaper than it would be for me to buy 5 daily passes.

CycloneTS, July 20, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Logan, where are you? Can you get someone to pick it up and take the entry and waiver to the expo?

gas gas, July 20, 2012 at 1:36 pm

The DMR will be set up in the main camp ground in every over night town . They have a booth / tent / trailer to sell day passes . Transfer your pass at that DMR tent .

toadhead, July 20, 2012 at 7:09 pm

At this point it seems that you can only transfer DAY passes at the merch trailers…. Week long passes have to be transferred at the expo….

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI