Updated Site!

Looks good but I have to re-adjust and figure out a few new things. Keeps me young!

45 Replies

SFC JKL 2, March 19, 2021 at 12:21 am

I seem to be a leper here now. Does anything work? Does anyone from Ragbrai reply to any questions sent to “contact us”? Am I registered or not? Is there a problem? Why can’t I see anything? What do we do if my Ragbrai account uses an email address that is no longer valid but you are not allowed to change your email address? What do you do if you had an EnMotive account before Ragbrai decided to use their service, and your Ragbrai account doesn’t match your EnMotive account emails and they fail to recognize each other? I should be registered, but anything I do says I need to register and wants more money from me.

mootsman, March 19, 2021 at 10:48 am

I’d PM via the RAGBRAI website to Andrea with the specifics of what is not working. She knows the people to look into it. Provide examples if you can via copy & paste. She has addressed a number of things I noticed that appeared not to be working as in the past. I haven’t tried the registration yet.

mootsman, March 19, 2021 at 10:54 am

SFCJKL2, Also the new accounts seem to have email address as the primary key to them. I’d try building out a new account under the new email address you want to use to see if that works. I know at one time they generated a unique primary key based on part of your name and bday if I recall. No longer used though. I also went through this thread (discussion) and did not see anything from you describing the issues.

This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by mootsman.

klkoopman, March 20, 2021 at 10:56 am

In looking at the week’s route map on the new website, is it correct that the route has been slightly alterred? For instance, on Day 2 (Sac City to Ft. Dodge) Rockwell City has dropped out as the meeting town in lieu of Lake City. On Day 5 (Waterloo to Anamosa) it seems like Gilbertville, Brandon and Urbana have disappeared as the route travels further east. Actual changes or is the website map incorrect?

Uncle Kraig, March 21, 2021 at 3:16 pm

klkoopman – I notice that too with the revised routes a few of the days. They have even made changes since the new site was unleashed as well. So, I’m not really sure what is what but I would assume what is on there now is probably pretty solid. Like I said though, they had us heading straight all the way across Hwy 20 from Fort Dodge to Iowa Falls when the new site was released. Now it looks like it is back to what it was originally announced. Time will tell I guess.

klkoopman, March 21, 2021 at 5:43 pm

I have subsequently read that Rockwell City dropped out of being a meeting town because of a lack of volunteers. Lake City agreed to take their place. Bummer because RC has a Depression-era post office mural I wanted to visit. No word on why the Day 5 route change.

I did notice the route map straight down the 4 lane divided highway US20. That would have been a harrowing experience!

mootsman, March 22, 2021 at 10:46 am

SFC JKL 2,

I’ve been playing with my ID and email address on the RAGBRAI website and there are actually 2 copies of our email address that can be updated.

1) After logging in you can click on the white box that says “My Account” on the upper right. Under where it shows your email address to the right of your picture, click on “Edit Profile”. You can then change your email in that location. Important to hit the save button or the change goes away. (not done, see #2 to change the 2nd copy of email address)

2) ALSO click on the “RAGBRAI Account” in white letters above the “My Account” box. On the left under where it says “My Account” at second from the bottom, you can click on “Account details” there is a 2nd copy of your email address. Change it and click save at the bottom.

This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by mootsman.

mootsman, March 22, 2021 at 11:00 am

Correction to the above post. Changing it in either places updates the ONE copy of your email address. I started a new discussion with the corrected instructions.

T. Gap Woo, March 28, 2021 at 5:18 pm

A message to Princess Amanda re your comment about the font color:

So it was written, so it was done!

See you along the I-O-Way in July.

Amanda, March 29, 2021 at 7:44 am

I see the font change!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, web master! Now if I only had that power over the weather! LOL
Today is a beautiful day with a high of 72. Perfect for a ride BUT winds 25-25 with gusts over 40. I am too princessy for that!

JimCoonRapidsMN, March 29, 2021 at 3:11 pm

Where on the site do I find the mid-point meeting towns – or are they not known yet?

Stephen Tuley, April 25, 2021 at 11:04 am

I didn’t see the century loop or gravel loop. Are they having them this year?

KenH, April 26, 2021 at 12:41 pm

There is no gravel loop this year. It has been replaced with gravel Tuesday from Fort Dodge to Iowa Falls, 70 miles total, about 50 on gravel. The gravel route is optional, roughly parallels the main route, and the two meet in Webster City. If you like gravel it will be epic.

I think the Karras loop is on Thursday, there definitely is one this year.

They have been real slow about updating the maps and getting route information out. I think this is a reflection of the continuing difficulty getting things done during the viral crisis we are all so very tired of by now. In some ways it is astounding that they can get enough people on board to host this thing at all this year. I suspect that there are still route changes coming or at least issues they need to work out before releasing the final version. I have just asked them to confirm the meeting town list as that is rather critical to my team’s driver rotation schedule which I would like to get started on. When they reply to my email (in a few days?) I might get a read on how things are going.

KenH, April 26, 2021 at 2:59 pm

Got an automated response already telling me that inboxes are full due to the heavy email volume and a response will be delayed. That is not entirely unexpected at this point in the RAGBRAI year. Add in more people asking more questions than normal due to the pandemic and maybe that is all it means. But there could also be more ride planning scrambling going on than normal due to, well, you know.

KenH, April 28, 2021 at 7:54 am

Well, I got an email response today and it unexpectedly came from some guy named Dieter Drake! The only change to the meeting town list that he mentioned was Lake City replaces Rockwell City.

Lake City, I believe, is famous for having everything but a lake! Crystal Lake, IL, where I live has two of them. Perhaps we should donate one to Lake City, IA?

Anyway, that would make the meeting town list:

Cherokee
Lake City
Webster City
Parkersburg
Center Point
Oxford Junction
Goose Lake

Changes to the route can happen any time for a variety of reasons and they are fairly common from year to year. There’s been more this year but it is looking fairly stable at this point unless they are about to release a bombshell of some kind!

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI