RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

Upload photos

I need a refresher course in uploading photos to the forum. I think I need to have a site where my photos are stored and get a code there. I don’t remember what site I stored them on! OH dear! I guess I need instructions and a few suggestions where you all store your photos. It might jog my memory!

9 Replies

KenH, September 29, 2021 at 1:09 pm

Let’s see if I know how to do it! I right clicked on a photo on the RAGBRAI home page and selected copy link address. Then I came here and clicked on the img button above the edit window I am currently typing. A dialog box pops up and you paste the link to the photo into it. Then another box pops up where you can type in some descriptive text, which may or may not appear below if I have done this right:

RAGBRAI Sunrise

I think the princess may be getting as old as this peasant. I know the answers to your other questions but, alas, I have forgotten them!

KenH, September 29, 2021 at 1:32 pm

Didn’t work, I should have used “copy image address“!
Ragbrai Sunrise?

KenH, September 29, 2021 at 1:33 pm

And that didn’t work either! Maybe it’s just broken.

KenH, September 29, 2021 at 1:50 pm

One more time with an image that is not on the RAGBRAI site.

Parts in an 80 year old radio

T. Gap Woo, September 29, 2021 at 3:44 pm

Good afternoon, KenH!!

As a semi-skilled amateur photographer, one of my favorite subjects is “Still Life.” I just can’t get over the beauty of your picture, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out what the heck it is. I was thinking “Flux Capacitor” from the Back to the Future franchise, but this device is too simple for that.

I give up! What is it? If it’s a top secret project that you’re working on, in your engineering capacity, I don’t want to know, so forget I asked!

See you along the I-O-Way next year.

RDaryl Daryl, September 29, 2021 at 6:24 pm

RDaryl Daryl, September 29, 2021 at 6:25 pm

Select Bicycle

KenH, October 6, 2021 at 12:09 pm

That was top secret in 1940, not so much today. You are looking at part of the tuner in a Hallicrafters SX-25 Super Defiant shortwave radio. One of the last they made before they switched to war material production. They may have made some for military use. Flux gate capacitor wasn’t too far off the mark!

T. Gap Woo, October 6, 2021 at 1:30 pm

KenH,

Thanks for the clarification! My second guess was going to be a part of the tuner in a Hallicrafters SX-25 Super Defiant shortwave radio, but I thought that was too obvious. (rim shot 🤪).

See you along the I-O-Way next year.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI